Lejendary Adventure

In the original announcment for for Lejendary Adventures it said it would be released in June. I do not see a listing for it anywhere. Any update on when this is expected to be released?

nstr said:
In the original announcment for for Lejendary Adventures it said it would be released in June. I do not see a listing for it anywhere. Any update on when this is expected to be released?

None, I am afraid - we are waiting for news too!

msprange said:
nstr said:

None, I am afraid - we are waiting for news too!

Wow. That is just....wow.

Not faulting you guys at Mongoose, but I'm really disappointed with the lack of news and apparent action on LA, Castle Zagyg, or *any* of Gary Gygax's work.

I think my interest in supporting LA, CZ, or anything else is gone at this point.

According to a friend of mine in the know, it's up to Gail Gygax. So even though he's working with Gygax Games, my friend doesn't have any idea when LA will be released either. :cry:

Let me guess, you are still waiting?

Think someone from Mongoose could email them and see if they are still alive and working on things?

Well it is June and I still have my fingers crossed. :D

Should I still hope that it will come out this month?

With the Mongoose acquisition of LJ, will there be a overhaul to the existing ruleset? Or is it going to use a pre-established one already in use (like RuneQuest)?

Twin Dragons said:
With the Mongoose acquisition of LJ, will there be a overhaul to the existing ruleset? Or is it going to use a pre-established one already in use (like RuneQuest)?

:?: Not sure I am following here.

LA (Not LJ) is just being published by Mongoose (well maybe if they give them a manuscript eventually). It is not owned by Mongoose. The rules are staying the same from the original published, with new material and some tweaks added. It would not make any sense to put out a new game system if it was just the same as another game system.

The setting for the game LE is written so generic that it contains no stats at all. So it ti compatible with any fantasy rules you want.

Darius said:
LA (Not LJ) is just being published by Mongoose (well maybe if they give them a manuscript eventually). It is not owned by Mongoose. The rules are staying the same from the original published, with new material and some tweaks added. It would not make any sense to put out a new game system if it was just the same as another game system.

The setting for the game LE is written so generic that it contains no stats at all. So it ti compatible with any fantasy rules you want.
You answered my question. The sytem is not be redone.

Mongoose/Flaming Cobra will only be publishing supplementary books for LA/LJ.

Twin Dragons said:
You answered my question. The sytem is not be redone.

Mongoose/Flaming Cobra will only be publishing supplementary books for LA/LJ.

Again, there is no LJ.

Mongoose will be acting as a printer/distributor. They will be publishing the full range of product, not just supplements or adventures. This is SUPPOSED to begin with a new edition of the Lejendary Rules for All Players, Lejend Masters Lore, and Beasts of Lejend. Of course, that assumes that we ever hear from Gygax Games again. :(

Tom

Back