Legends of Lone Wolf News

I pre ordered off Dark Quest Book's site in February 2010. Not only does this no longer have any kind of release date but they have not returned any emails to me since that time. I have since moved and have no way of alerting them to my new address.

I would not pre-order.

This inspired me to send one last email out to them and they did reply. No news on a release date:

"Currently the product is still on pre-order as it has not yet been released. At present we do not have a time frame of when it will be released due to certain issues involving the product."

It looks like I am going to be able to change my shipping address at least. Take that as you will. Actually getting a reply to an email makes me feel better but not having a release date after all this time makes me wonder if it ever will.

I suppose we have to be patient. :?

But think about the new LW gamebook, waiten since a far longer time: I'm absolutely sure it will be released!
Let's think it will be the same with the Legends, wait and see...

I tried to order from them in February.

It was not possible to order from Germany because the shop did not allow it.

When I asked why that wasn't possible, I got a none too friendly answer saying that:

"Larger online sites can obtain better rates and pass it on to you. We'd prefer orders come through one of the online sales vendors when they product becomes available for shipping. "

No idea where they want me to order now...

Sommerswerd said:
I tried to order from them in February.

It was not possible to order from Germany because the shop did not allow it.

When I asked why that wasn't possible, I got a none too friendly answer saying that:

"Larger online sites can obtain better rates and pass it on to you. We'd prefer orders come through one of the online sales vendors when they product becomes available for shipping. "

No idea where they want me to order now...

Yeah, that's what I was told too. It means that you have to wait until the book is published, and then hope that some online bookseller such as Amazon.de will have it.

Ningauble said:
Yeah, that's what I was told too. It means that you have to wait until the book is published, and then hope that some online bookseller such as Amazon.de will have it.

That's what I thought... I just hope that they will have it!

I just hope that this edition will be worth it.

Would someone have news of the Legends reprint?
I'm patient, but I wonder if I'll receive one day the book (or my money back).

And please don't laugh. :|

Floribur said:
Would someone have news of the Legends reprint?
I'm patient, but I wonder if I'll receive one day the book (or my money back).

And please don't laugh. :|

The last I heard they had finally got the cover art issue solved. I was told that I would see an update within a couple of weeks, which I didn't, but I'm too polite to point this out to them again.
I'm sure the books will appear eventually -- but Dark Quest aren't moving very fast.

Ningauble said:
The last I heard they had finally got the cover art issue solved.
What was the problem with the cover ?

Ningauble said:
I was told that I would see an update within a couple of weeks, which I didn't, but I'm too polite to point this out to them again.
I'm sure the books will appear eventually -- but Dark Quest aren't moving very fast.
The main thing is that they move, I think it doesn’t matter if they’re slow, but I must recognize thats’s very very slow. :cry:

The book is finally available! There is no update on the Darkquest website yet, but I got an e-mail saying that they're packing the preorders now in response to my query earlier today.

And Amazon has it available already: http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Lone-Wolf-Omnibus-1/dp/0982619707/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322517586&sr=1-1

A Swedish online bookstore even has the cover art: http://www.adlibris.com/se/product.aspx?isbn=0982619707

Yeah, great news, thanks Ningauble!

I didn't receive any email still now, but If I receive the book without any email that will be OK too. :mrgreen:

I just ended to read Dragons of Lencia, a very good book by Richard Ford, full of violence but very epic and allowing to discover many new things about Magnamund, and then I'm totally ready to read the new version of the first Legends!

I ordered the book from Barnes and Noble and got it in the mail today. About $20 with free shipping since I'm a member.

So far, I'm completely blown away. I'd read all the gamebooks as a kid but never the legends series. I didn't really know what to expect, so I didn't expect much. After just 10 pages, I knew this was something special.. gaining incredible insight into a character (I won't spoil it)

Also, I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but there's a release schedule for the Omnibus books, too bad they can't speed it up!

2012, Omnibus 2: Hunting Wolf, The Claws of Helgedad, The Sacrifice of Ruanon

2013, Omnibus 3: The Birthplace and the Book of the Magnakai

2013, Omnibus 4: The Tellings and the Lorestone of Varetta

2014, Omnibus 5: The Secret of Kazan-Oud and the Rotting Land

Thanks for these informations, Ser Andrew.

I'm just jealous to not have received my own copy, ordered more than 1 year ago, but happy to know they're sending the books! :roll:

Thanks for the release schedule, Ser Andrew. Looks a bit slow, but I have the books as PDFs (courtesy of Paul "John Grant" Barnett), so at least I can get by until then.

The cover is different than the original ones, what is normal as the editor is not the same, but is different too of what could be seen and still can be seen on the Dark Quest books website: http://www.darkquestbooks.com/store/product-info.php?pid78.html

Is there someone there having ordered the book from Dark Quest who received the book?
I see people ordering it at Amazon get it quickly, but I still didn't receive my copy from Dark Quest.

Well the first 2 omnibus' look good, but the last few ones will need some serious work to get them up to spec! At least in my view that is :D

So are these books just reprints of the original ones, or are they the "other" ones? Aren't the PDF ones different to the published ones - the version that Paul "John Grant" Barnett originally wrote but had to rewrite or cut because the publisher wasn't happy?

Back