Legends of Lone Wolf News

khelbiros

Mongoose
According to John Grant's blog, the Legends of Lone Wolf are going to be republished as "director's cut" omnibus versions by Dark Quest Books.

I'm pretty excited about this - I really enjoyed the Legends series growing up and it would be great to read them again in a new edition. I remember being more excited at times that a new Legends book was available than a new Lone Wolf gamebook!

khelbiros said:
I'm pretty excited about this - I really enjoyed the Legends series growing up and it would be great to read them again in a new edition.

Ditto. I got the five US volumes, and then missed out on the British ones until I bought the whole set as PDFs from Paul Barnett himself a few years ago. It'll be nice to have them as real books.

This should be interesting. I've got the entire Legends series and enjoy reading them, though from the last 4 books are nowhere near as good as the first 5 (which are some of the best books written I feel)

Wonder what the director's cut is likely to include? I'd like to see the "missing" books finished and follow LW to Grand Mastership

I assume ti would be the 'director's cut' PDFs he had for sale on his site at one point. Not a lot different if I recall, I bought and read them but it was a while ago now.

Eternalknight said:
I assume ti would be the 'director's cut' PDFs he had for sale on his site at one point. Not a lot different if I recall, I bought and read them but it was a while ago now.

They're pretty good, but atrociously proofed (I really hate getting hit by comments to the copy editor in the middle of my reading).

I e-mailed the publisher recently and was told that the first book might be out in four weeks or so. It all depended on whether the cover art would get approval from the authors.

WritingWolf said:
Sounds promising. Are we going to get any new Legends books if these sell well?

I have no idea, but I certainly hope so (at the same time finding it unlikely :( ). It would be nice to have the series complete at least until the equivalent of Masters of Darkness.

Why don't those of us who like the Legends drop Dark Quest a line and let them know our hopes and wishes?

That's an idea - I mean I'd pay for an online version of the remaining books upto Masters of Darkness as I appreciate there probably aren't enough of us to warrant a print run.

WritingWolf said:
That's an idea - I mean I'd pay for an online version of the remaining books upto Masters of Darkness as I appreciate there probably aren't enough of us to warrant a print run.

That's a nice idea. I'd certainly pay for PDFs of any sequels to The Rotting Land.

In the meatime, the book has gained cover art, so about one month until it's available, I guess:

http://www.darkquestbooks.com/store/product-info.php?pid78.html

Bit concerned about that.

1) Personally, I don't like the artwork. Personal choice though.

2) The page-count is only 632. Looking at my copies of the first 3 books the count is coming in at over 800. Maybe they cut out the glossary and the introductions. I guess "director's cut" could be an Alien, resulting in a shorter final book, but with some of the contradictions removed.

Either way see what happens. Thanks for the notification. :D

WritingWolf said:
Bit concerned about that.

1) Personally, I don't like the artwork. Personal choice though.

2) The page-count is only 632. Looking at my copies of the first 3 books the count is coming in at over 800. Maybe they cut out the glossary and the introductions. I guess "director's cut" could be an Alien, resulting in a shorter final book, but with some of the contradictions removed.

Either way see what happens. Thanks for the notification. :D

Page count can also be determined by the size of the lettering.

I'd say it is a matter of how much text you put on one page. I have the PDFs of the entire series that "John Grant" used to sell, and the first three books clock in at 578 pages (but with a lot of text on every page).

Would someone have any news about the publication date?

I pre-ordered a copy in november, but still don't have any news and see that the Dark Quest page given by Ningauble has still the same mentions ("Forthcoming").

I noticed too John Grant's blog doesn't function anymore.
A bad sign?

Floribur said:
Would someone have any news about the publication date?

I pre-ordered a copy in november, but still don't have any news and see that the Dark Quest page given by Ningauble has still the same mentions ("Forthcoming").

It was delayed due to an art issue, but that was close to a year ago and you'd think it would have been taken care of by now.
The page now says "Estimated 2/2011 release". Well, obviously that didn't happen, but I'm thinking any month now... (I haven't preordered myself because apparently Dark Quest doesn't ship to Sweden, so I'll have to wait until it becomes available to retailers... :( )

Thanks for the informations, I hadn't noticed.
I hope too the publication should be soon, now.
I absolutely loved the Legends I aleradey read!

You couldn't ordrer from Sweden?
I live in France and had the same problem when I first wanted to order during last summer.
But Neal Levin from DQ asked the webdesigner to resolve the problem (allow orders from other parts of Europe), and I could finally order.
Then you should try again!

Floribur said:
But Neal Levin from DQ asked the webdesigner to resolve the problem (allow orders from other parts of Europe), and I could finally order.
Then you should try again!

Well, France is now on the list, but many other countries aren't. If it were doable, I'm sure it'd have been done by now.

You should ask.

I'm not sure many French fans of Lone Wolf did pre-order the book (they never were translated to French), but they accepted to add France to the list you mention.
Then even if few Swedish fans want to order, they could add your country too?

Back