LEGEND Character Generator Software

Piperdog

Mongoose
I was wondering if there were plans on Mongoose doing a character creation program. It would be a huge time saver! Gurps has their Character Assistant , which makes creating a character easy and fast. Hero Lab has multiple game systems that it works for. I would like to see something, even a fan made one would be nice.

Piperdog said:
I was wondering if there were plans on Mongoose doing a character creation program. It would be a huge time saver! Gurps has their Character Assistant , which makes creating a character easy and fast. Hero Lab has multiple game systems that it works for. I would like to see something, even a fan made one would be nice.

He'll yes, I would buy!

Kurgan85 said:
I have created 3 excel sheets for MRQII:

Deus Vult character sheet

Vikings character sheet

Elric character sheet But it's not finish yet !

Those are awesome:

Just reporting a few problems I had with the Deus Vult one:

Language Latin seems to be bugged. It just shows Err:508
Divine Fervor seems to be calculated on Pow+Cha instead of Dedicated Pow + Cha
Language (own) shows up as an advanced skill, it should be a common skill.
There is no option not to bring a relic.
Other mundane goods cost 100 AP points per good, that is quite a lot.

While I appreciate the time and effort that went into these sheets, I would still like to see a software program put out by Mongoose, or at least give Hero Labs a license to do it. They now have Call of Cthulhu on Hero Labs as well, and it makes some stellar sheets.

Herolab is quite expensive, just for the core generator is $30 USB and then you have to buy supplements on top of that.
If you want to for example use Herolab for Pathfinder you have to spend:
Herolab core $30
Advanced players guide $10
Ultimate magic $10
Ultimate combat $10
That's $60 just for a character generator and that doesn't include other supplements like the bestiary etc..
And doesn't even include various player companion races and so on.
I'm not sure I want to spend that sort of money on a character generator.
For me I just use PCGEN for pathfinder and it's free and works pretty well (albeit pretty slow)

If they did a character generator for legend, they'd probably go down the same road charging separately for each part of Legend like they have done for Pathfinder. I personally wouldn't buy that.

Sounds way too expensive. Maybe they could licence some fans or come up with their own. Would encourage people into the game after all. A link on the Mongoose site - adjacent to the game itself perhaps might be a wee marketing ploy. I can see how such a tool might come in handy. Not a big problem anyway. Fortunately I can count to 100!

Check out Gurps Character Assistant. It is an incredible software program for a game much more complex Legend or BRP. It saves characters in folders and prints them out in very nice, official character sheets too. The program is like 14 US dollars. I can't see why Legend can't do the same.

Piperdog said:
Check out Gurps Character Assistant... The program is like 14 US dollars. I can't see why Legend can't do the same.
I think GURPS is a much bigger seller than MRQ. If your market is big enough, you can sell incredible software for ¢99, Apple have proved that.

What about an Excel style generator along the lines of Heroforge (for D&D 3.5 and 4E, I don't know if they've done a Pathfinder version). I used to use that all the time and because it's community based, it's free. Surely some of you tech heads out there would be able to write one. There was an Elric one for MRQ1 which could probably be updated to the current rules (it's on the wiki I think).

DamonJynx said:
What about an Excel style generator along the lines of Heroforge (for D&D 3.5 and 4E, I don't know if they've done a Pathfinder version).
I have deliberately steered clear of Excel-only spreadsheets. I tried to do something clever with OpenOffice.org but I don't have the time to learn a new macro language and interface. My spreadsheet character generator is on Google Docs because I like keeping my characters online. It also works in OOo and Excel, with only small amounts of persuasion.

I would love to see a Legend Creature Generator Software to create NPC's and Monsters and... Something like the Software for Hero System (Champions). But even more than that I would LOVE to buy a Legend Combat Manager for iPad. Like the very good DM Tool. It makes Pathfinder Combut run very smooth.

Gevatter

Would love that personally... I found the hero labs insanely expensive - but handy when trying to keep track of players details.

It's the modern age, relying on bits of paper instead of apps feels very... 80s ;)

Asyme said:
Would love that personally... I found the hero labs insanely expensive - but handy when trying to keep track of players details.

It's the modern age, relying on bits of paper instead of apps feels very... 80s ;)

Personally I hate using computers in my games. I only have my laptop with me for the music - I don't allow players to use them. I feel they are too much of a distraction..

I am a very, very old, elitist and annoyed man of 23... and I study software technology :p

- Dan

;) fair enough! I'm coming at this from a computer games perspective though (my job and where most of my group come from) - all of us have remarked that something akin to the wow armoury would be a handy thing - instead of a pencilled 56% or the like you have a bar that shows crits, successes, etc as colours automatically. The easier stuff is to read and display the better (on a further note if the groups sheets linked up so the gm could pass notes or add penalties etc to rolls? That would be a fine thing...)

Asyme said:
;) fair enough! I'm coming at this from a computer games perspective though (my job and where most of my group come from) - all of us have remarked that something akin to the wow armoury would be a handy thing - instead of a pencilled 56% or the like you have a bar that shows crits, successes, etc as colours automatically. The easier stuff is to read and display the better (on a further note if the groups sheets linked up so the gm could pass notes or add penalties etc to rolls? That would be a fine thing...)
So, essentially, you want a Legend compatible MMORPG?

Back