Latest Rulebook Revision + Expanded Miniatures Range

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The free rulebook to the Judge Dredd miniatures game has been updated, with lots of new rules revisions and additions, including brand new force lists (such as the Zombie Horde and the Renegade Robots) and lots of new Mercenaries.

We have also brought back nearly 30 of the original range of miniatures, so you can now fully flesh out your battles on the streets of Mega-City One!

WENEGADE WOBOTS!!! :)

Anyone wanna bet now how many people will be using these rules for "Zombie Apocalypse" scenarios outside the JD universe?

Just skimmed through, looks fantastic, im especially liking the Robots, very characterful (It really reminds me of the CGI movie Robots and also a bit of 9 too :p ) I love the Junk Bots :D

A quick question. It doesn't state it anywhere, so im going to presume they can, but can Zombies become heros in the normal way?

Also, is there any chance of seeing some WIP any time soon of anything coming out soon?

Keep up the good work!

GMAN said:
A quick question. It doesn't state it anywhere, so im going to presume they can, but can Zombies become heros in the normal way?

I can answer that one. Nope, they can't. The Mindless special rule states "However, they can never become Heroes, no matter how many battles they survive." And there's no upgrade cost listed for them to be bought Hero status.

I just got an opportunity to print out the new rulebook and take a quick look through.

Firstly I really like how each time that you revise this that the document gets better looking aesthetically. Its great to see such effort being put into a free rulebook.

Secondly its really great to see so many of the old figures like the Robots being re-released and incorporated into the rules alongside brand new elements like Cal. Its great to be able to get the older stuff again. At the same time it feels to me like you guys are fully behind the project when I see new figures and corresponding rules being released.

Thirdly it is gratifying to see you guys take some of the feedback from the forum on board and work it into the rules (extra scenario, extra skills in certain areas, tweaks on things like the Superhero, etc). Good job guys.

I have one small gripe: a version number or something to identify which dog-eared copy of the rules that I am currently holding would be very handy.

I hope to get a few games in in a couple of weeks. I will be trying out zombies and robots for sure. Cal might even feature. It should be great fun. I will report back with feedback afterwards.

cheetor said:
Firstly I really like how each time that you revise this that the document gets better looking aesthetically. Its great to see such effort being put into a free rulebook.

We always said we would put as much effort into this game as a full blown printed release!

cheetor said:
Secondly its really great to see so many of the old figures like the Robots being re-released and incorporated into the rules alongside brand new elements like Cal. Its great to be able to get the older stuff again. At the same time it feels to me like you guys are fully behind the project when I see new figures and corresponding rules being released.

We love it :) The only thing I would say to everyone reading this is that the _only_ way we can continue releasing new stuff for Dredd is if the minis sell. So, if you have been thinking about this game, dive in and grab a force or two (it makes us think it is all worthwhile :)), we have priced things so it is really cheap to get involved!

cheetor said:
Thirdly it is gratifying to see you guys take some of the feedback from the forum on board and work it into the rules (extra scenario, extra skills in certain areas, tweaks on things like the Superhero, etc). Good job guys.

You're welcome. We really would like to see this turn into a 'community' game of sorts, where the best ideas from players make it into the rulebook (and maybe into models!). There is certainly enough room in Mega-City One for everyone's ideas.

cheetor said:
I have one small gripe: a version number or something to identify which dog-eared copy of the rules that I am currently holding would be very handy.

Should be easy enough, even if it was just a little date stamp on the Contents page. I'll see what we can do in the next revision!

Thanks for all the great work so far. I hope the minis are selling!! They are fantastic.

I'm here to push for a variety of City-Def troops. I think it's a huge hole in the marked and they could be used for sooo much more than JD games. I plan to use them for JD, but just really want to see them happen, I gotta think they have more utility than Fatties.

Keep it up!! and thanks!

Really glad to see alot of interest in the game was sad to see the first version fall through when it had so much potential. Now however with smoother rules and a wide range of models with many more famous faces from the 2000 ad universe ( Cal, angel gang).
Also with the new Dredd Movie coming out next year it will hop fully generate even more interest for the game. So yeah cant wait for the new stuff coming out with the zombies, klegghounds and manta tank later this year and next.
Currently making a undercity gang and the new classic models are perfect but its also given me the idea for a total war gang with the agent, punks and juves. so many ways to play its great!

Anyway thanks for redoing the game and I hope it does well!

Linky please? As in a download link in the first post here?

Found it, looks well done. A few misspellings here and there, nothing major.

Back