LAMI recruits

Makoto

Mongoose
I've been reading the LAMI recruit squad entry in the new S&P and been wondering if am missing something or does the only unit option available is extra troopers. Does this mean this particular unit can never acces any support weapons (ie. the Longbow launcher)? If yes that would severely limits its use...

well, the units in S&P are supposed to be "fluffy" units, not something that you would take because they are better then your normal unit, so it makes sense.

Makoto said:
I've been reading the LAMI recruit squad entry in the new S&P and been wondering if am missing something or does the only unit option available is extra troopers. Does this mean this particular unit can never acces any support weapons (ie. the Longbow launcher)? If yes that would severely limits its use...

They have not been trained on the Longbow yet :)

Oh Crap! *ducks*

guyburn4pi.gif

All the time, trooper... And be sure nobody stands behind you when firing.

Poko said:
well, the units in S&P are supposed to be "fluffy" units, not something that you would take because they are better then your normal unit, so it makes sense.
No matter what options they'd have the Poor Morale rule handicaps them enough to make it a fun-to-use unit. I was thinking about including them in the Klendathu roster, but taking on the Big K with Moritas only wouldn't make much of the campaign.
Oh well, maybe there will be some points to spare, just to fill-up the list with redshirts ^^

Why not paint up a squad of Recruits with Red Armor to indicate Red Shirts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That justifies the minus 35 points. Hee, hee, hee

Unpractical for me - my centennians already wear blood red uniforms w/black tiger stripes. Then again, maybe if the recruits wouldn't have the stripes... -^

Makoto said:
I was thinking about including them in the Klendathu roster, but taking on the Big K with Moritas only wouldn't make much of the campaign.
Oh well, maybe there will be some points to spare, just to fill-up the list with redshirts ^^
Well in the movie all they had was moritas other than 2 nuke launchers, and they got killed like you wouldn't believe...

Seen the movie. Probably the most orcish scene of all times, a mob of MI running around purposelessly :D

Did included a squad them within Klendathu roster, we'll see how (long) they'll fare ^^

I have a simple questions (or two):

When a officer (NCO for example) is in the recruits Squad and the vet. sgt. is killed, must i still roll for the "poor morale" rule?

And the other one:

When the recruit squad is run away, because they have roll a 1 by the "poor morale" rule, and a officer "catched" them and join the recuits, can they stop their escape?

BTW: Thank you very much for this nice rules! I love the recruits!

Imo the answer to the first is that the officer works same as the squad leader, making them run away only on 1's, but would like to hear the official answer. Got no idea on the second one, so wuold be interested even more in an answer ^^

Back