Just untill the BF:Ev forums get going...

Aww... Simple "Y/N" will do, we know details shouldn't be told too soon ;)
But given the answer I do suppose we'll see sth different for the vehicles ^^

Like I said (or at least what I meant): Hiro is surely dedicated to this :shock:

And yeah, it would be neat to see an Polish army list :D

While I'm generally against quoting images..
Hiromoon said:
And for digital Finnish Camo:
cxvkl4.jpg

The last one, Finnish Desert Camo, really made me chuckle :lol: A bit when some German Greenpeacers tried to convince me that Finland should stop chopping down our rainforests :roll:

Guess winter camo wouldn't really do in Afghanistan.

Hiromoon said:
Sorry Makoto... I'm only allowed to be vauge.
Now, want a Polish army list for BF:Ev?
No prob, it was informative enough for me. Am patient, so can wait for the details ^^

And that was a rhetorical question if I've ever seen one :D

And a definite "yes" at that ^^

Though the list won't differ that much from the russian one I guess...

SickBunny said:
*chuckling a bit at that* Actually the country went through the civil war, winterwar, the continuance war and even the damn laplands war powered almost solely on cheap booze... so dont knock it... it is the root of our tenacity...

Yup. When totally drunk we are too stupid to realise we have been beaten so defeat enemy anyway :lol:

Hiromoon said:
Makoto said:
And a definite "yes" at that ^^

Though the list won't differ that much from the russian one I guess...

Well...that depends...do you blokes still use Calvary?

They used Elks in the Winter War to carry stuff.

Cavalry as in on horsies or mechanized?

Cav-we have one squadron of horsey cav, but it's purely decorative(representational company and all that). other than this, the usual cavalry-air and armoured :wink:
as for the differeces- actually, it will, even if based on today's situation, differ form the russian list-we have both PT-91 and Leopard 2's, which russikes don't afaik :wink: . whe have(or we'll have, sine there are some 10 vechs right now in use, rest is ordered) the Patria AMV's as IFV/APC (imaginetively called "Wolverine"), we'll have the F-16's... i guess things like our own rifles and pistols don't count really, since you won't be able to show it on such scale.

of course my knowledge is limited to layman's , so i could have some of this above wrong.

425px-POL_Wojska_Ladowe.png

Let's see.....using elements from one of the three Mechanized Divisions available to the Polish military.

Weapons
Assault Rifles:
5.56mm Model 1996 Beryl
(can have optional grenade launcher)

Pistols:
WIST-94 9mm

Sniper Rifles:
7.62mm SWD

Support Weapons / Machineguns:
PKM

Anti-Tank:
9K115 Metys (AT-7 Saxhorn)
9K111 Fagot (AT-4 Spigot)

Ground Vehicles
Tanks:
T-72
PT-91 (T-72m1 equivalent)
Leopard 2

APCs / IFVs:
Rosomak (AMV 8x8 Patria, XA-360)
BWP-1

Transports
Rys Armed Vehicle (Tarpan)

Aircraft
Airplane:
F-16 Fighting Falcon (Multi-Role)
MiG-29 Fulcrum (Air Superiority)
Su-22 Fitter (Fighter/Bomber)

Heliocopters:
Mi-24 D Hind (?) (Attack Copter)
W-3 Sokot (Transport)
Mi-8 (Transport)

Looks pretty good ^^

However maybe a slight name addon: PT-91 "Hard", so people wouldn't mistake it with the amphibious PT-76 (then again... A rather nasty surprise for an opponent :D )

I hope mongoose releases a HIND,, that has to be one of the coolest helos ever, that and the KA-50 black shark

ka50_10.jpg

has there been any word on scale for the vehicles yet?

very nice list, so thanks for it :)

some thing i have problem with, however-
first, a minor spelling mistake :wink: -the word is Sokol, not Sokot(unless the t was used as a substitute for Ł letter?)
second and third-i'm having some problems with PT-91 being classed as T72M1 eqv. mainly because the M1 version was the starting place for the modification, so it should be slightly better than that.
the name in bracktes for the Ryś APC-i'v checked, and there isn't any variant called "tarpan", so i'm curious where did that come from?

anyway, as i'v said-a great job

Thanks guys. I was working with your country's Army's website, and the only reason why I classified the PT-91 as a T-72 M1 equivalent was because of the basis for modification. If you look at the Finnish list, you'll see that they too have a T-72 M1 equivalent vehicle which is really just a modified version. If I can get stats I'll be sure to cook up something for you. The Tarpan comes from the Polish Army site under the recon section...

And yes, the t was a substitute for the Ł letter. Again, I just work with what I got and I really depend on those people living in the countries the lists are about for any suggestions and corrections and additions.

my bad, you are right about the Tarpan/Ryś, our beloved military decided to give the same nickname to two entirely different vechicles, one is a 4x4 on a chassis of Tarpan, the second is an APC.

as for PT-91-english wikipedia has some stats on both tanks, if that's what you'r looking for. since, as i said,my knowledge of military is superficial, i won;t be able to help anymore than that site :wink:

Thought this might help a bit Hiro;

http://www.orbat.com/

(if the link doesnt take you to "Condensed World Armies" then just look for that link.

Umm.... *shakes his head* $2,000/year??

Oh! THere it is... WOW! When they say Condensed orders of battle.. they MEAN IT!

Finland
Reliability Index: 3 (fair)
Personnel: 19,200 (to be 347,000 on mobilization)
Territorial defense:
320 local battalions and companies
Organization

Army Level Troops
Guard Jäger Regiment
Signal Regiment

Peacetime
1 Armored Brigade
9 Jaeger Brigades
4 Field Artillery Regiments
4 ADA Regiments
3 Engineer Battalions