Just untill the BF:Ev forums get going...

Col_stone said:
crucible_orc, where are the BMPs from, i'm looking for some comparisons with 1/56 vehicles and TAG

Reaverman, it's always better to have more tanks:)

Yeah, when you have regiments like what the Russians have. Unfortunately we (UK), dont have those numbers. So when we get new tanks, we tend to sell the old ones on to other countries.

Reaverman said:
Yeah, when you have regiments like what the Russians have. Unfortunately we (UK), dont have those numbers. So when we get new tanks, we tend to sell the old ones on to other countries.

Which is cool, because if they ever get used against us we'll know where all the weak points (and reasons for wanting to replace them in the first place) are :)

mthomason said:
Reaverman said:

Which is cool, because if they ever get used against us we'll know where all the weak points (and reasons for wanting to replace them in the first place) are :)

Yeah, and the people we sell them to, tend to be the ones we end up going to war with. So we get to beat them up, and take their tanks off them. Then sell them to someone else, and the wheel turns :p

Yes, that is not the arms race of old, it is the sell race of modern times.

What was lend and lease in WWII will become the lend and kill in WWIII.

That is were short terms aimed politics lead. Our agenda over the last decades was only to make quick money, not strategic thinking.

Otherwise, noone would equip China with the knowhow to make advanced weapons and vehicles.

That would be when the Swedes kicked ass under Gustav Adolphus, an awesome general.
nice chap, but the swedes made terrible troops generally:)wink:). what, 8000 dead versus 100 dead and 200 wounded in a single battle?
well,ok, we cheated. instead of using the shitty caracole Poles charged the swedish infantry. :wink:

Hiromoon said:
Swedish_Armed_Forces_logo2.jpg

Possible Regiment sent to the BF-Ev conflict as part of EFTF:
Southern Skåne Regiment (P 7) - Mechanized Rifle Regiment (apparently)

With armored elements from:
Norrbotten Regiment (I 19)

Weapons:
Assault Rifles
AK5
AK5 med 40mm granattillsats
AK5D

Pistols
Pist 88 (Glock 17)
Pist 88B (Glock 19)

Sniper Rifles
Psg 90 (L96A1)
AG 90 / 90B (Barett M82A1)
Anti-Tank
Pskott m/86 (Bofors AT4)

Machineguns
Ksp 58B (FN MAG 58)
ksp 90 / 90B (FN Minimi)
Tksp 12,7 mm (Browning M2)

Ground Vehicles
Main Battle Tanks:
Strv 121 (Leopard 2)
Strv 122 (Leopard 2c)

APCs / IFVs:
Strf 90 (CV 90)
Pbv 302
Pbv 401

Aircraft
Airplanes:
Saab JAS 39 "Gripen" [Multipurpose]

Heliocopters:
Helicopter 14 (NH90) [Transport]
Helicopter 9 (MBB BO 105) [Attack]

The previous lis is for Kristovich and any other Swede. Next up, those Dirty Finns.

Hiromoon said:
Swedish_Armed_Forces_logo2.jpg

Possible Regiment sent to the BF-Ev conflict as part of EFTF:
Southern Skåne Regiment (P 7) - Mechanized Rifle Regiment (apparently)

With armored elements from:
Norrbotten Regiment (I 19)

Weapons:
Assault Rifles
AK5
AK5 med 40mm granattillsats
AK5D

Pistols
Pist 88 (Glock 17)
Pist 88B (Glock 19)

Sniper Rifles
Psg 90 (L96A1)
AG 90 / 90B (Barett M82A1)
Anti-Tank
Pskott m/86 (Bofors AT4)

Machineguns
Ksp 58B (FN MAG 58)
ksp 90 / 90B (FN Minimi)
Tksp 12,7 mm (Browning M2)

Ground Vehicles
Main Battle Tanks:
Strv 121 (Leopard 2)
Strv 122 (Leopard 2c)

APCs / IFVs:
Strf 90 (CV 90)
Pbv 302
Pbv 401

Aircraft
Airplanes:
Saab JAS 39 "Gripen" [Multipurpose]

Heliocopters:
Helicopter 14 (NH90) [Transport]
Helicopter 9 (MBB BO 105) [Attack]

Well, you can't say he's not dedicated to this at least :shock:

And to add something, swedish rifle squads are around 8 troops, all mounted in a Strv/90.

And by the way, I 19 is where I'll probably do my conscription time.

Feel free to correct me, Sickbunny. And this list was compiled using information from the Finnish Army website, and some help from Wikipedia to shore up some issues.

hd_tunnus_maavoimat_en.gif

Finnish Army is devided into three main groups: Jäger, Infantry, and Armor. the Jäger are concidered better trained and equipped than their fellow Infantrymen.

So, the squads that should initially be available to any Finnish force serving with the EFTF would be from:

Karelia Brigade (Karjalan Prikaati) which trains Armored Jäger, otherwise known as Mechanized Jäger units, and will supply it's own armored assets.

Weapons
Assault Rifles:
RK-95 TP (RynnäkköKivääri 95 Taittoperä)

Pistols:
(I donno...a Glock 17 or some Russian handgun?)

Sniper Rifles:
7.62 TaK 85 (Tarkka-ampujakivääri m/85)
Dragunov Sniper Rifle (Снайперская винтовка Драгунова, Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova)
Sako TRG-42

Machineguns / Support Weapons
AGS-17 Automatic Grenade Launcher
Model 92 120mm Mortar
7.62 Kk PKM (PKM)

Anti-Tank:
112 RsKes (APILAS)
Pst-ohj 83MB (TOW 2)

Ground Vehicles
Tanks:
T-72 M1
Leopard 2

APC / IFVs:
BMP-2 [IFV]
Sisu XA-185 (Pasi) [APC]

Aircraft
Airplanes:
F-18C Hornet [Fighter/Interceptor]

Heliocopters:
Hughes 500 D and E
Mi-8 [Transport]
-Replacement for the Mi-8-
NH90 TTH (Tactical Transport Helicopters)

Unmanned:

And for digital Finnish Camo:
cxvkl4.jpg

Kristovich: <- From my understanding that's a pretty good unit to serve in. Tanks and all that, right? Good luck!

Poko said:
That would be when the Swedes kicked ass under Gustav Adolphus, an awesome general.
nice chap, but the swedes made terrible troops generally:)wink:). what, 8000 dead versus 100 dead and 200 wounded in a single battle?
well,ok, we cheated. instead of using the shitty caracole Poles charged the swedish infantry. :wink:

Mayhap old boy but the Swedes under old Gustav still beat everything thrown at them for quite while.

And of course there are Swedish Vikings... :twisted:

For some reason Jäger seems much like Swedish Jägare, better trained and equiped than the common infantryman.

Anyhow, I wonder if there will be any big rules convertions for a home-made army?

Swedish AK5 looks a lot like an american M-16, but without the picatinny rail on top of the rifle, just use US figures with a tiny bit of converting.

Eureka miniatures do Australian Infantry, but more 28mm, they are armed with Steyr assault rifles, so could do as Austrian's.

The Honourable Lead Boiler Suit Company do some modern ranges as well, along with a lot of different vehicles.

Speaking of vehicles, Sloppy Jalopy only do 28mm vehicles http://www.sloppyjalopy.com/sidebar.html

Gripping beast do a few ranges of moderns, more 28mm so a bit on the short side.

MJ Games are starting to do some Jaffa-like figures for Stargate http://dragonshoard.co.uk/mjFigures/mjfigures.htm, under armies of mythology.

I'm going to carry on building my australian cavalry troop with ASLAV's and wait for the main rulebook to come out.

Kristovich said:
For some reason Jäger seems much like Swedish Jägare, better trained and equiped than the common infantryman.

Anyhow, I wonder if there will be any big rules convertions for a home-made army?

Well the Finnish Jager comes from 1914 (I think) when they were sent and trained in Germany to fight the Russians.

I've been to Finland and Estonia, and I know an easy way to take out the entire Finnish army. Without firing a shot, and incapcitating it too.............................................cheap booze! :twisted:

Reaverman said:
I've been to Finland and Estonia, and I know an easy way to take out the entire Finnish army. Without firing a shot, and incapcitating it too.............................................cheap booze! :twisted:

*chuckling a bit at that* Actually the country went through the civil war, winterwar, the continuance war and even the damn laplands war powered almost solely on cheap booze... so dont knock it... it is the root of our tenacity...

Hiro: I would actually think that the politically questionable honour of joining european taskforce would be the new troops designed to do Just that in finland and in many other european countries... There is a rapid response taskforce in the makings for the EU... an armed force separate from the jurisdiction of certain veto-righted UN and NATO countries... :D That can target hot zones by planting a neutral, (hopefully) wellarmed multinational force in the middle of it all...

They are kinda trying the first steps of this with the whole palestine/israel incident...

That's why they're from the Jäger groups, Sick Bunny... Small addendum to the list, since Finland has the awsome Leopard 2 in it's arsenal as well...

Rick said:
Swedish AK5 looks a lot like an american M-16, but without the picatinny rail on top of the rifle, just use US figures with a tiny bit of converting.

True, never really had a good look at an M-16 though, but now that you say it.

Hiromoon said:
That's why they're from the Jäger groups, Sick Bunny... Small addendum to the list, since Finland has the awsome Leopard 2 in it's arsenal as well...

So do we. If I remember correctly the Strv/122 is a modified Leopard 2. But enought about that!

Talking about tanks, how will the rules governing them be solved? Like with big units in SST (Target, Save, Kill, Hits and all that) or will there be other rules?

Just curious.

Back