Just snuck a look at the RPG

Ghost Bear

Mongoose
It was supposed to be my xmas present to myself, but I was just too tempted to resist a peek.

Very impressive, I have to say. The atmosphere of the book is very similar to the gamebooks, and the characters are well realised and fleshed out, from what I've read. I've even begun to get to grips with the ideas behind the d20 rules, which is something I'm starting to learn from scratch.

Tis just a shame there's no one around here that I can play it with, but I'm sure the gazetteer will be worth it for background info alone, not to mention the Darklands and Magic supplements which I also bought.

Nice work.

-GB

Ghost Bear said:
Tis just a shame there's no one around here that I can play it with, but I'm sure the gazetteer will be worth it for background info alone, not to mention the Darklands and Magic supplements which I also bought.

Maybe Mongoose will run some more online campaigns for us if the B5 one works out :)

A quick question, if I may.

I've gotten up to the section on weapons... A quarterstaff can be used as a two-ended weapon, with the 'off-hand' end getting -4 to the attack roll. Can the Weaponmastery Tier IV ability, 'Mirror Wielding' be used to negate this negative modifier?

The reason I ask is that I have two Kai characters in the ERPG, and I'd like to use my main one as the basis of any RPG character I create - And this guy wields a Quarterstaff.

-GB

I do not see why not. I would only suggest allowing this for actual double weapons (as per the SRD for 3.5), but it seems reasonable.

-August

if no one takes the offer to do a on line game get this and next issue of signs which is full of a wonderful solo system very much in the style of the books and go play with yourself :shock: :lol:

FallingPhoenix said:
Hey, Ghost Bear, have you been to Tower of the Sun yet? Excellent site for Lone Wolf, of course, but we're also in the opening stages of setting up a PbP game on the site.

Yup I did. I posted in one of the threads saying I'm interested. But I'll have to hunt around again for the official sign up place.

And yeah, it's a brilliant site. The Book of the Magnakai is especially good (love the Naboran armour).

-GB

Hey ghost, whats erpg? I heard it mentioned somewhere else as well; is it something like the living force for starwars?

Xex said:
Hey ghost, whats erpg? I heard it mentioned somewhere else as well; is it something like the living force for starwars?

http://www.algonet.se/~thyhe

It's a semi RPG that's been going a while. I say semi, because it's really story writing. There's no dice rolling there, but some statistics are used, just to give us an idea of comparitive power levels when we write.

Normally it's collaborative. At the moment, I'm taking part in a story called Heir of Ruanon, with a guy called Markus. It's really good fun, and lets you expand on your characters in a different way than you would in a normal RPG.

-GB

FallingPhoenix: I can't seem to find the signing up/discussion about starting the PBB RPG over at TotS. Am I being thick? Or is there nothing public about it yet?

-GB

Ghost Bear said:
FallingPhoenix: I can't seem to find the signing up/discussion about starting the PBB RPG over at TotS. Am I being thick? Or is there nothing public about it yet?

-GB

No worries...I had to look for it about four times before I saw it the other day...its very uch in the idea stage right now, but the thread is found in "The Forge." The actual thread is called "TotS LWRPG Campaign" and is currently found about third from the top.

"But we can give them one humongous repair bill!"

Thanks man... By the way. At the risk of sounding childish... Is the quote at the bottom of your post from Transformers: The Movie?

-GB

Ghost Bear said:
Thanks man... By the way. At the risk of sounding childish... Is the quote at the bottom of your post from Transformers: The Movie?

-GB

It certainly is...and I hope its not too childish...I still love that show!

"All we need now is a little energon, and a lot of luck."

Back