[JBE] D66 Compendium 2 is Now In Print

dmccoy1693

Cosmic Mongoose

I don’t know about anyone else, but the larger my books get, the more I want the book in print. So it is with great pleasure that I announce the D66 Compendium 2 is now in print. This 88 page book is now available as a soft cover, full color print book. You can have it in your hands the way it was meant to be seen and used.

With lists of names from ships to government bureaucracies and idea lists like contact main use places a criminal would hide out, the D66 Compendium 2 helps your game be the best it can be. About 100 lists for your Traveller game. This book is the game master’s best friend and now you can have the whole book in your fingers instead of on a laptop or tablet.

Order your copy of the D66 Compendium 2 today at DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.

The ‎D66 Compendium 2 got its first 5-STAR Review today. "I would strongly recomend this to any Traveller GM. I am glad I added this to my collection."

Read the full review and order your copy at DriveThruRPG.com.

The ‎D66 Compendium 2 got its second 5-STAR Review this weekend.

I purchased the first compendium some time ago and found it to be an awesome tool for helping with adding flavor to my campaign. I use it at least once or twice every session and when I am preparing. So when I saw that the 2nd was out I snagged it right away and was pleasantly surprised to see that they "kicked it up a notch" this time around. Not only are there pages and pages of names for everything from people to pets to famous space battles to recreational drugs, they have added D66 Event tables for careers to use during character creation! And they are awesome! I would highly recommend this (and the 1st one!) to anyone who has ever had that moment when a player asks "So, what is the name of...." and you drew a blank.

Read both reviews and order your print and download your PDF copy at DriveThruRPG.com.

Does the D66 Compedium 2 include Compendium 1? I've been looking for the first one and can't seem to find it. Would like to purchase one or both of them tomorrow :)

D66 Compendium 2 does not include the content from the d66 Compendium. There are a few gaming stores around the world that still have the d66 Compendium, but there are only 3 places I can say for sure have them:

1) Noble Knight Games.They have everything, and I know they have copies since I sent them a few earlier this year when they asked for some more.

2) DriveThruRPG. They'll have a new copy printed just for you.

3) From me at TravellerCon. I still have a few copies left and I'll be selling them there.

Just got my print copy this morning in the post and I must say I like it. Being a new GM to Traveller it is going to help me out alot.
Really looking forward to using it with my new group next week.The new career tables are great and look alot of fun but I was sad to see there was no table for the pre-careers like being at Uni or Military School. Are there any plans to do them or any Mishap tables for the careers?

gandalf_t_black said:
I was sad to see there was no table for the pre-careers like being at Uni or Military School. Are there any plans to do them or any Mishap tables for the careers?

We did considering doing mishap tables but we were not confident we would be able to do them all to my standards in the time frame we had. Ultimately we decided to hold off on them for the time being. However, we are working on them whenever we have a chance. We plan to release all mishap tables at once instead of one career at a time.

And I'll be honest, I didn't even think of a pre-career events table. I'll work on that at some point.

I'm really glad you like the book.

dmccoy1693 said:
gandalf_t_black said:
I was sad to see there was no table for the pre-careers like being at Uni or Military School. Are there any plans to do them or any Mishap tables for the careers?

We did considering doing mishap tables but we were not confident we would be able to do them all to my standards in the time frame we had. Ultimately we decided to hold off on them for the time being. However, we are working on them whenever we have a chance. We plan to release all mishap tables at once instead of one career at a time.

And I'll be honest, I didn't even think of a pre-career events table. I'll work on that at some point.

Will the mishap tables be an free pdf supplement for those of us that have already bought the book?

Also the reason I asked about the pre-career events cause you could have so much fun with all the fraternitys and clubs. But also a couple of my players really liked the idea of making links during their Uni years before going off into different careers and options for events is never a bad thing.

Great work on the book again and I will be looking at your other stuff too to help me out. Thanks.

gandalf_t_black said:
Will the mishap tables be an free pdf supplement for those of us that have already bought the book?

Unfortunately, I can't do that with the way Traveller publishing works now. If it was published as a regular book under my own company's name, I could do that. I'd just send out an email to those that bought the book and say, "here you go." However, since it published with DriveThruRPG's Community Content license, I can send out free copies, but I don't know to whom to send it, nor do I have any way of verifying if someone purchased it. So I am not going to be able to do that.

Back