I've Got My Copy!

Ordovician

Mongoose
I got my copy in the mail today. Haven't gotten that much time to scope it out, I have off work tomorrow so I'll have all day. Looks quite nice. I can say that Mongoose's changes in the editing department seem to have worked out for the best, I notice no really glaring errors (except for two minor spelling errors on the map). Speaking of which, the map is beautiful.

The monster section has a nice selection of monsters - most of the major monsters in the series (and some not-so-majors). No Ictakko, Plaak, Crocaryx or Yawshath, though! The Dakomyd is a nasty customer. One slight problem is the thing called a Burrowcrawler in here I *think* is actually the Stoneworm. Seems it from the description, anyhow. But the Akraa'neonor is here, so all's good with the world.

The book's printed on a non-glossy paper. Parts are even formatted in the same font as the gamebooks. The binding, too, seems to be better than the other Mongoose books I have.

Now I can actually start thinking seriously 'bout a game idea... and definitely thinking about some S&P articles... maybe one on some of the monsters not in here.

consinder yourself lucky!!!!

here in austria i have to wait at least 3 more weeks till i can get hold of the book

counting days.....

Would you believe that the guys that runs the game shop here LIED to me this morning when I went to purchase my copy?

He told my boss that he'd have three copies this morning, so me and the boss head down there, and nothing is there. He calls his distributor, asking what happened. After a bit, he comes back saying some load of crap about the book was not allowed to be shipped out until this past Monday, so it'll be here next week...

NOT ALLOWED?!? How many of you guys already have the book? I seriously feel like the guy just didn't order any copies and he's trying to cover his @$$. I mean, not allowed to ship - what is this poppycock? Is there such a thing?

<sigh> so again, I must excercise patience when I want to excercise my dice</sigh>

My copy just arrived today! :D

First impressions are overwhelmingly positive. It didn't take long to get to Australia and arrived without a mark on it.I must agree with everyone about the map, it's GORGEOUS, I don't think the preview does it justice.A few more maps like this and I'll be in heaven!
The interior is very nice as well.The art is of a high quality overall and does seem to keep a lot of the style of the gamebooks. There is a nice use of fonts and I love the border(as seen in the previews) I think it's very effective when used throughout the whole book.
I've only read the first chapter and so far there have been very few typos, about 3 or 4 none very important, mostly writing "of" instead of "and" etc,. I haven't had to reread a sentence yet anyway.
Also the binding appears to be very good on my copy as well, so this could be good news for the whole print run :wink:

Vashna being a fellow Aussie where did you order your copy from? How long did it take to ship it out? I was going to wait for it to reach the stores, but here in Melbourne none of the RPG stores seem to have either known of the LW RPG release or those that did think it will be three weeks before they get it in....

Too damn long for my liking!

Arandur

With this book and a couple others coming into my LGS this week, its going to be a painfully expensive end of the month. But one well worth it.

While I think to ask.... whats the geography section like? Is there enough basic info in there for all of Magnamund?

Got mine earlier this morning.

I don't know much about Lone Wolf or Magnamund, I played through the first two books years ago but my recollection is foggy, it was largely down to the enthusiasm of folks on here that I picked this up.

I wasn't disappointed!

Eryx: The Geography section runs to around 57 pages and is in a gazeteer format. Each locale has an entry containing an overview, a "stats" section (ruler, cities, population, resources,currency and allies), history, future events and roleplaying notes.

These latter two are quite innovative, providing a glimpse for people like me (who haven't read the books) of where things are heading and what the character of the location is like (and in some cases, additional game rules pertaining to that region)

The gazeteer is broadly divided into Northern and Southern Magnamund, its all mostly text with very few illustrations.

Arandur said:
Vashna being a fellow Aussie where did you order your copy from? How long did it take to ship it out? I was going to wait for it to reach the stores, but here in Melbourne none of the RPG stores seem to have either known of the LW RPG release or those that did think it will be three weeks before they get it in....

Too damn long for my liking!

Arandur

Milsims (www.milsims.com.au) claim it is due next week.

I ordered direct from Mongoose so I guess it shipped to me on the day it shipped to the retailers. I think it only took around 4 days to get here,I must admit I was pleasantly surprised!
All up (including shipping) it cost me around $75AUS which is probably the same as what Milsims would charge and I seem to have got it before most people in Oz. :D
I know we all want to support Aussie companies, but seriously the book prices here are a rip off and sometimes your better off just paying the shipping from overseas.

I'm starting to wish I had ordered from Mongoose instead of Amazon. Ah well, I still got it at the discounted price back when I placed the order in February. Estimated delivery date is June 3-June 11. Ugh.

KL, almost giddy with excitement

I ordered it from Tactics, my local game shop here in Western Australia. Called them up and they said they arent sure when it is arriving, but to call back next week.

While the book prices here may be higher than the price I could get it online, I much prefer to put that extra 5$ in the hands of a local business that supports us with places to play, sponsoring tournements etc.

But then again, us West Australians are pretty parochial (o;

cheers
elSpike out.

ps. just cause I am patient doesnt mean I am not exploding with anticipation!

:D

Hello :)

this is a question for which already they have the book; it has some section that count like adapting the character classes, monsters and others to rules 3,5 including the use of feats?

Back