Is Traveller books available in other languages ?

DarkSideRC

Mongoose
Hello all.

I just bought the MGP Core Rulebook and be very pleased by this new version of my favourite rpg.

I'am a french Traveller master for more than 25 years. Then, the first thing I do for my players is to translate some parts of books to help them understand the system. Before I start to do it for this new opus, is there someone knowing about an official french version ?

Thanks.

French version should be out at this year's GenCon Europe...if I am not mistaken. Previews of it were shown about 2 years ago. Philippe Tromeur was working and believe completed the manuscript. There is a Spanish version aviable from Drivethrough...and a very nice looking set of books that I would like to get from Hobby Japan...and a apparently a revision of those books is coming.

kafka said:
French version should be out at this year's GenCon Europe...if I am not mistaken. Previews of it were shown about 2 years ago. Philippe Tromeur was working and believe completed the manuscript. There is a Spanish version aviable from Drivethrough...and a very nice looking set of books that I would like to get from Hobby Japan...and a apparently a revision of those books is coming.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know that : here is the link to Philippe Tromeur forum : http://travellerjdr.com/punbb/forums/

He have made a very good job for know, but it seems not to be very active (at this moment if we look at his forum) and I don't want to wait 3 or more month before starting playing with MGP Traveller.

Hum ... is there be illegal for me to translate parts (whole chapters like "character creation" or "skills and tasks") of MGP Traveller materials as near as the original layout for use with my players ?

Bad news: Philippe Tromeur has just recently essentially given up on his translation, check out over here: http://www.pandapirate.net/casus/viewtopic.php?t=13221&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
He was translating Classic Traveller anyway, not Mongoose Traveller.

I cannot think why it would be illegal for you to translate stuff you need, as long as you keep it personal and don't publish it. Actually I could be interested in a translation, as I could someday make a french speaking campaign. Maybe I could help, but not now.

DarkSideRC said:
Hum ... is there be illegal for me to translate parts (whole chapters like "character creation" or "skills and tasks") of MGP Traveller materials as near as the original layout for use with my players ?
I think you should talk to Matt Sprange, Head Mongoose about that.

Thanks for all.

Then I will make my own translation of some MGP Core Rulebook chapters (perhaps all).

If I goes to then end of the task, I will make contact with mongoose to see if my job can be used.

Back