Traveller 2300 in "regular" Traveller

Vormaerin

Emperor Mongoose
I never got into 2300 in the old days, since it was a totally different game than Traveller mechanically and flavor wise. Obviously, now its a variant of Mongoose Traveller. I still haven't bought anything for 2300. What do people think, are there 2300 books that make good resources for regular Traveller? Like maybe Tools for Frontier Living and Vehicles of the Frontier? Or is the setting just not compatible even with a common ruleset?

I was considering Aerospace Engineer, to see if there was any crossover potential, now that I'm in the mood to update the library.

I'm glad I searched, because I was about to ask the same question. Someone over on rpg.net was asking about how to set up satellite systems for communication and weather analysis on a low-tech world. Matthew mentioned a 2300 book that had something useful. This got me thinking about other uses for 2300 material on low-tech worlds. Also, the aliens sound interesting.

It occurred to me that stats might not scale for things like vehicles and ships, but with a common ruleset, perhaps they do. If they do, or of there's some easy conversion, 2300 strikes me as a potentially useful extra resource.

Regards,
Robin

Tools for Frontier Living slots right into a Third Imperium world TL12 or less, with a few exceptions. I have both books (CSC + TfFL) on my table for player use.
Mind you I also have Kafers, Pentapod, Ylii, plus a few of the Alternity and d20F aliens.

Last edited:
Tools for Frontier Living slots right into a Third Imperium world TL12 or less, with a few exceptions. I have both books (CSC + TfFL) on my table for player use.
Mind you I also have Kafers, Pentapod, Ylii, plus a few of the Alternity and d20F aliens.

Thanks - yeah, the TfFL seems a logical book. I was also wondering about the vehicles book. I know Traveller has its own vehicles book, but I imagine that's going to get and update too at some point, so I'm holding off,

Regards,
Robin

Back