Is the cat out of the bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So must what be from the UK?

I am yes, tho I am living in the USA now as I believe we have discussed previously.

Been a long time since I wore spandex, I think you're confused.

Are you subject to an NDA with regard to what you have seen?

F33D said:
hiro said:
https://rpggeek.com/article/19675669#19675669
There is a second edition of MGT in the works. I'm not allowed to say more about it.
When does this become official?

What's on the menu?

Am I just dumb and have missed this elsewhere?

What do y'all know?

The 2nd edition will bring MGT fully in line with being the "Basic/starter" version of T5. The last Vehicle book from MGT used the T5 design paradigm. Unfortunately I hate T5 so that will spell the end of the line for me vis-a-vis purchasing "crunch" books. :(

I disagree with F33d on many things, but I also dislike T5. I did not like the second vehicle book. Now, if MGT2 is an actual RPG book instead of a toolkit, perhaps that will be a good thing. <insert crossed fingers emoticon>

GamingGlen said:
Now, if MGT2 is an actual RPG book instead of a toolkit, perhaps that will be a good thing. <insert crossed fingers emoticon>
There's more of a chance of T5.09 getting a Players Handbook made for it, than Mongoose Traveller becoming a Starter Set for it. MgT and T5 are two different systems and settings from each other.

It's hard to see a reconciliation between MgT and T5, one is pretty simple and open, the other somewhat complex and at times unfathomable. They work on different mechanics, how would the two merge?

I'm interested if it is the case but I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I also don't see Mongoose making all their advanced Traveller books compatible with T5. They all use the Mongoose CharGen.

Yup. Sounds like tosh to me.

If I'm wrong I look forward to the merging.

I really like the Mongoose chargen, to me it's the strongest part of the CRB, if there is a merge I hope they found a way to keep it true to the CRB.

Maybe another book would have to have all those conversion rules in it to bring MgT to T5. But then who in T5dom is interested in using Mongoose rules? And vice versa?

ShawnDriscoll said:
Maybe another book would have to have all those conversion rules in it to bring MgT to T5. But then who in T5dom is interested in using Mongoose rules? And vice versa?

I'm going to agree with Mr. Driscoll. I cannot imagine that there is any great hue and cry for a conversion between the two or for MgT to become more like T5.

It's hard to see MgT converted, I can maybe imagine a simplified version of T5 sold by Mongoose that will by virtue of its compatibility bring MgT and T5 together as a product line and create the opportunity to pool resources for setting books using either rule book. That would likely obsolete the current CRB.

Perhaps this is part of the deal to extend the Mongoose license? I honestly couldn't tell you how successful financially Traveller has been for Mongoose, nor would I guess, which is all most here could do. I hope Mongoose have made money and that we're about to learn of the next Traveller incarnation.

Sheez, next we'll hear people wanting MgT to merge with MegaTraveller and T20! There are certain things in each that do mesh which make the Traveller games wonderful but each was meant to be on their own at their time. I mess around with and sometimes get to play MgT yet, at the same time, find material in T5 most useful while I often cross reference every version for useful information. If you don't like T5 or MegaTraveller or The New Era then let them lie.

It's all internet speculation till whatever it is is announced....

Just watched the latest video promo for RPG Suite. I was amused (in a pleasant way) that while no direct mention is made of Traveller the T word did slip out in the voice over.

I know that's by the way as it's obviously for Traveller...

The video did offer a provisional release date of 4th quarter 2015.

I would assume that RPG Suite's release would go hand in hand with the new version of Traveller.

hiro said:
Just watched the latest video promo for RPG Suite. I was amused (in a pleasant way) that while no direct mention is made of Traveller the T word did slip out in the voice over.

I know that's by the way as it's obviously for Traveller...

The video did offer a provisional release date of 4th quarter 2015.

I would assume that RPG Suite's release would go hand in hand with the new version of Traveller.
And other Traveller stuff in the works. Their newsletter does call it a "Traveller Digital Character Sheet". And it's the title of their latest video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back