is being a shrew better than being a cub (off topic a bit)

Kravell

Mongoose
I'm a shrew now instead of a cub when I post. Should I consider this change a good thing? I've never been a shrew before although I was briefly a cub scout a couple plus decades back. :p

Ahh the sweet innocence of the shrew, you have much of these forums to experience young one. Welcome but tread carefully :lol:

LBH

A stoat is a beautiful weasel-like creature. Their fur turns white during the winter. A few years ago I watched a group of young stoats playing together by a ruin on a mountainside. Occassionally the shadow of a buzzard would fleet across the land and all the little stoats would run for cover. Cute.

But beware them en masse. They are spoken of in hushed tones in certain parts of the UK, for the midwinter stoat, when in numbers, is not a beast to be trifled with.

- Q

So if I'm a stoat and on my own I might get eaten by buzzards. In a pack, though, I can join a phalanx of furred warriors.

Which takes me full circle back to what it's like to play a character in RuneQuest. Alone, you may be buzzard meat. As a party, you may earn enough to eat buzzards.

Or something like that like.

Golden Wheel Dancer said:
you don't mean the mink?

Ah, the mink is a fine beast, in and of itself.

But no. The midwinter stoat is the creature to which I refer.

Or rather stoats.

- Q

Rurik said:
Luckily for our shrew it is mid summer right now. He make make stoat after all.

Good thing I'm not from New Zealand then. I think it's winter over there.

I will keep one eye on the horizon and one on the sky as I creep carefully toward stoathood.

lastbesthope said:
The difference between stoats and weasels?

A weasl's weasely recognised whereas a stoat's stoatally different! :lol:

LBH

Wow. Bring me on the PUNishment.

You did warn me to tread carefully. I should have listened.

:)

lastbesthope said:
The difference between stoats and weasels?

A weasl's weasely recognised whereas a stoat's stoatally different! :lol:

LBH

Well if Kravell can survive THAT I'm changing my vote to say he makes it.

Back