INT question

I'm largely with alex-greene here. I'm not a huge fan of min-maxers, but I rather bridle at the idea that a player is not "playing" his character when he has his character take advantage of an opportunity provided by the way the game world works to make himself powerful in some respect. It seems to me that deliberately ignoring the opportunity to take advantage of such a tactic is equally (if not more) refusing to "play" the character.

That said, I have something of a conceptual problem with the Enhance POW spell. I suppose it depends on your view of the game world - if you see POW as representing the PCs ability to access a pool of magical power that exists independently, then Enhance POW is OK. however, I tend to view POW more as representing the PCs innate magical ability (something that exists intrinsically within the PC not merely a connection to anything external), so using magic to enhance that ability seems somehow "off" - a bit like using a wish to ask for more wishes. (I'm probably not explaining this very well, but I hope you get what I mean.)

Back