I think I figured out something.....

In the rulebook it says that some religous colonies are breaking away from sicon,so why do we care well what is the definition of coven.... :?:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=coven&x=22&y=7

go there witches are cnected to religous stuff

Wiccan is and has been a religion for several hundred years, It was even recognized as such by the Roman Catholic Church and declared to be Heretical.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to Dictionaries with regards to authentic knowledge of the occult.

During the past, when people actually practiced the 'Dark Arts' a Coven was an organized gathering of 'the faithful' or 'the chosen' (the word Witch was used by the Christian Church as they were ALL regarded as heretics), led by a High priestess and/or a High Priest who met regularly for worship and various other 'practices'. The traditional membership is 13, but in fact most covens number considerably less.

The word Coven has come into comman usage now, that all.

CudaHP said:
Wiccan is and has been a religion for several hundred years, It was even recognized as such by the Roman Catholic Church and declared to be Heretical.
meh. as for me, wiccans are just pagan-wannabes with an enormous tradition dating bact to 1920 :lol:
but i belive it isn't the place to discuss that since such discussions(as any religious/politics ones) can get ugly quickly.

WEll, I have to say, I am catholic.

But I don't give a flying Fuq about what people have to say about religion.

The powers that be only care that you say your prayers, not how you do it or who you do it to (except that weird evil sh1t).

Poko said:
CudaHP said:
meh. as for me, wiccans are just pagan-wannabes with an enormous tradition dating bact to 1920 :lol:
but i belive it isn't the place to discuss that since such discussions(as any religious/politics ones) can get ugly quickly.

Not quite right, prior to the 1920's Wicca was a purely oral tradition - the Wiccan theology began to be compiled no earlier than then.

Various related Wiccan traditions have since evolved, or been adapted from, the form established by Gardner, which came to be called Gardnerian Wicca.

Gardner was a big compiler of Wiccan information and lore, and that information was drawn from many sources. It is claimed that the religion was a survival of matriarchal Pagan religions of pre-historic Europe.

While the ritual format of Wicca is very much styled after late Victorian era occultism (even co-founder Doreen Valiente admits seeing influence from Crowley), the spiritual content is inspired by older Pagan faiths, with Buddhist and Hindu influences. Whether any historical connection to Pagan religion exists, the aspiration to emulate Pagan religion as it was understood at the time certainly does.

Whilst there is no imperical evidence that Wicca is a truly ancient religion, it is almost defintely older than the 20's.

I mean that the new faction name released in the big annuoncment was called the dreaded coven so that must be the seperating religous colonies.Why are disscussing the definition of coven :?: :?: :!:

monument maker said:
I mean that the new faction name released in the big annuoncment was called the dreaded coven so that must be the seperating religous colonies.Why are disscussing the definition of coven :?: :?: :!:

Beats me Lol.

Given the revamp with evo and all that are we likely to ever see the coven? That's not their final name is it? Please tell me it's just a working title.

Doghouse said:
Given the revamp with evo and all that are we likely to ever see the coven? That's not their final name is it? Please tell me it's just a working title.

Mobile Infantry, Arachnids, Skinnies, Forth, Coven, Species 528? (forget the number)

Not very creative huh? Well, that's because these are just the nicknames that the humans give them.

Don't expect to ever hear any pure fluff names like "Skaven" or "Cygnar" or "Necrons" because that just wouldn't be SST.

Also, the Coven ARE a completely separate race, so don't try to start any conspiracy theories or crazy rumors :). Matt wrote a paragraph of fluff for them already on the forums and IIRC there is no reason to believe that they are related to humans at all.

Voracioustigger said:
Doghouse said:

Mobile Infantry, Arachnids, Skinnies, Forth, Coven, Species 528? (forget the number)

Not very creative huh? Well, that's because these are just the nicknames that the humans give them.

Don't expect to ever hear any pure fluff names like "Skaven" or "Cygnar" or "Necrons" because that just wouldn't be SST.

Also, the Coven ARE a completely separate race, so don't try to start any conspiracy theories or crazy rumors :). Matt wrote a paragraph of fluff for them already on the forums and IIRC there is no reason to believe that they are related to humans at all.

Thanks Tigger, its a name - thats all LoL!

Back