I have secured a shipment of Skyhooks and TAC Fighters

judgedoug

Mongoose
Hi all,

in my never-ending quest to find SST stuff for everyone (and those that have gotten sealed/new Exo-Suits and LAMI packs from me know what I'm talking about!), I have managed to track down, literally, a crate of Galoob Skyhook Retrieval ships and Tac Fighters that have been sealed for a decade.

The Galoob Skyhooks are the same size as the official Mongoose ones. The Tac fighters are a little small, but work pretty well as a stand-in. I personally own 6 Skyhooks for my LAMI army and a squadron of 3 TAC Fighters for my power suit MI, so I have no use for these extra ships. You can see what they look like here: http://www.sicqnus.com/starshiptroopAF.htm Please note that the Tac fighter is the more detailed one that you see on this page (next to the Skyhook Retrieval ship), not the awful "electronic remote control" one that Galoob also released.

From what I know, these toys never made it into their official SST toy display boxes, and the pictures I have seen, they are sealed in plastic bags with accessory missiles and bombs, but no pilots.

This is what I will have, shortly, upon arrival of the carton of ships, which should be getting to me in about 2 weeks.

12 Skyhook Retrieval Ships
6 TAC Fighters

I am going to be charging what I paid, plus a small finder's fee for the grunt work (literally a couple bucks), plus USPS shipping costs to you. PM me for pricing or if you'd like to reserve some ships. I won't ask for payment until the shipment arrives and I inspect the contents. First come, first on the list. No limit, if someone wants it all from me, just PM me first.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

good news. I just got charged for the items today, they are on the way to me. The good news is that I was charged significantly less than what I was quoted. I called the warehouse - the original shipping quote was for three boxes going air (each box had 6 ships) - they combined it all into one box and shaved off nearly half the freight. I'm going to recalculate the costs, but each ship should cost at least $10 less than previously quoted. There's still several of each type that have not been spoken for. I'm going to PM all the people that have requested information with the updated prices.

I received the package, all 12 Skyhooks and 6 TAC fighters! In perfect condition. It's quite a fleet!

I'll PM everyone who have reserved some within the next 24 hours. I do believe there's a few each left that are unspoken for - PM me if you want to claim some, otherwise I'll be posting the extras here in a day or two.

Back