Hyperion and Omega "deckplans" in EA Factbook

frobisher

Mongoose
I was looking at these the other night, and it just struck me that they were wrong in a few (major) details

The Omega has its bridge given as being in the zero g section, plus it has the sticky-out bits at the front labelled as weapons (which they aren't (those are on the side of the front hammer)).

The Hyperion seems to have its lower two Particle Beam turrets labled as docking ports, and the sensor array at the front put down as its heavy weapons.

Anyway, anyone want to take the blame for this? :)

I've noticed that myself. It also seems like the show seems to support it though, even though we know that EF ships don't have gravity unless it's in a rotating section.

It also seems like the show seems to support it though, even though we know that EF ships don't have gravity unless it's in a rotating section.
True - EA ships don't have AG unless they have a rotating section.
False - that the show would support these diagrams, since we SAW that the Omega's bridge is in their rotating section (otherwise Sheridan couldn't have walked around in when he took command of the Aggie again in the last drive to kick out Clark).

And of course some other things are just plain wrong (Omega's forward guns, much of the Hyperion's descriptions...).
Sad, really. Oh, well... just ignore it. The rest of the book is good enough to make one forget all those little mistakes that crept in...

Back