Hyborian Bestiary again

Padre

Mongoose
Can anyone give a hint about the contents and organisation of the upcoming Hyborian Bestiary? Is it 'classic' bestiary, a compilation of stats, pictures and short descriptions? Or is it something more... umm, creative, like the Old World Bestiary with chapters on 'What does a common redneck know' and 'What does an experienced hunter know'? Or maybe it's something different, even more pioneer?

Since Conan classbooks seem a bit more than regular splats, I wish the Bestiary is also exceptional. :)

Zeus said:
Can anyone give a hint about the contents and organisation of the upcoming Hyborian Bestiary? Is it 'classic' bestiary, a compilation of stats, pictures and short descriptions? Or is it something more... umm, creative, like the Old World Bestiary with chapters on 'What does a common redneck know' and 'What does an experienced hunter know'? Or maybe it's something different, even more pioneer?

Since Conan classbooks seem a bit more than regular splats, I wish the Bestiary is also exceptional. :)

Man I hope so. Conan needs a book like this, but we dont need 1,001 monsters. If they have sacrifice a beast or 2 to make it a little richer, like you described, Id be great with it.

Also, it would be nice if perhaps the put in rules to convert monsters from other d20 game systems into Conan rules.

Scorpion13 said:
Zeus said:

Man I hope so. Conan needs a book like this, but we dont need 1,001 monsters. If they have sacrifice a beast or 2 to make it a little richer, like you described, Id be great with it.

Also, it would be nice if perhaps the put in rules to convert monsters from other d20 game systems into Conan rules.

Conversion: there is a pdf-file somewhere in the www by Berin Kinsman which gives conversion rules. I don't find the website anymore: perhaps someone has it bookmarked?

I'm sure Mongoose will do a good job and provide much flavour to the bestiary (more probably, the problem will be correct stats :wink: ).

The Bestiary is no longer in the 'Upcoming Releases' or anywhere on the site. Mongoose changed it's mind?

Zeus said:
The Bestiary is no longer in the 'Upcoming Releases' or anywhere on the site. Mongoose changed it's mind?
They are first trying to chase the animals and critters to fill in their bestiary. So this will be a first class account.
But losses are expected...

By the way, even Conan and the shadow of the sorcerer is no longer announced.

You know what I'd like to see?

A bestiary similar in design to the old Arabian Adventures set up: 3 hole punched with creature stats on front and description/ecology on back. Any new cretures can simply be added to the binder (which would also be available and a low, low price - lol) and then there's no need to try to pare it down to the bare essentials or pack in beasties filling a book to the brim.

8)

you could always find the DMs fav creatures as they were the damaged or missing pages :lol: must amit my vote would be for a hardback if only for the protection 8)

Sutek said:
You know what I'd like to see?

A bestiary similar in design to the old Arabian Adventures set up: 3 hole punched with creature stats on front and description/ecology on back. Any new cretures can simply be added to the binder (which would also be available and a low, low price - lol) and then there's no need to try to pare it down to the bare essentials or pack in beasties filling a book to the brim.

8)
It would be excellent only if Mongoose would provide for a binder with the Conan graphic art.

TSR released a binder setup like Sutek mentions with DnD 2nd Edition. (I've already made up a binder I'm using, along with my adventures & campaign notes all in there, but am not overly interested in a bestiary personally).

Zeus said:

Hey, we all would miss something, if Mongoose wouldn't change the release schedule of every new CONAN product, wouldn't we? :wink:

Back