How to lose a game.

Target

Mongoose
This is very simple thing to do.
1 - Don't roll criticals in fact roll lots of 1's this will aid you greatly.
2 - Don't intercept anything, 1's also help here.

Played a 5 pt Tourney game EA vs Centauri
Me ( Cent )
Primus
2 Sulust
1 Balvarian ( tgrying out some new fighter rules)

EA
Omega ( Signs and Portent version)
Hyperion
Oracle
Sag
Nova

EA got 20 crits during the game, I got 3 is basically what it came to.
It was the Nova that inflicted the most crits.
1 Sulust had 10 crits on her and wasn't crippled or skelton crewed at end of the game. It just wasn't doing a lot.

The dice do the complete opposite for me when I'm running demos, trying to get people into the game. Every damage roll I make seems to be a crit to the vitals. ;(

Nezeray

I feel your pain. My favorite - Firing my INL from my whitestar with CAF at hull 4. Needing not a 1. First roll - 1, Second Roll - 1. I have done this more times than I can count.

Dave

Target said:
This is very simple thing to do.
1 - Don't roll criticals in fact roll lots of 1's this will aid you greatly.
2 - Don't intercept anything, 1's also help here.

Played a 5 pt Tourney game EA vs Centauri
Me ( Cent )
Primus
2 Sulust
1 Balvarian ( tgrying out some new fighter rules)

EA
Omega ( Signs and Portent version)
Hyperion
Oracle
Sag
Nova

EA got 20 crits during the game, I got 3 is basically what it came to.
It was the Nova that inflicted the most crits.
1 Sulust had 10 crits on her and wasn't crippled or skelton crewed at end of the game. It just wasn't doing a lot.

Its okay, I roll like a bum....ones are my best friends. What can I say? I wish they came out with a system that teaches you how to roll like a GOD!

When most people say they roll low I take it with a pinch of salt, but having seen Tanks rolls in person the poor guy is really, really unlucky.

Nidalap said:
When most people say they roll low I take it with a pinch of salt, but having seen Tanks rolls in person the poor guy is really, really unlucky.

What about rolling uber dice of doom? :twisted:

If a player consistently rolls well while I roll poorly in a game I make them change dice. Not calling anyone a cheat, it just seems to make a difference if you use a different set...

Thanks Nidalap :lol:

Reaver your dice should be banned under the gaming conventions act 1986 :lol:

Lord David the Denied said:
If a player consistently rolls well while I roll poorly in a game I make them change dice. Not calling anyone a cheat, it just seems to make a difference if you use a different set...

Sorry but thats just being a bad sport...just because someone has some good rolls. I have good, and bad rolls. Karlopoli joked my dice were loaded in the last tourney, just as I rolled 4 snake eyes. I suppose if someone keeps rolling well, are you going to ask to have someone else roll for him.

Tank said:
Thanks Nidalap :lol:

Reaver your dice should be banned under the gaming conventions act 1986 :lol:

well actually it was reprieved in the 1992 act, which also said "Anyone with a T and K in their nickname, must wear Doc Martins and babies bonnet when in Tourneys" :twisted:

Really? Now where di I put my Doc Martins? :?

You'll all get it on the 16th, most of you will end up in hospital with various dice related injuries :lol:

Reaverman said:
Sorry but thats just being a bad sport...just because someone has some good rolls. I have good, and bad rolls. Karlopoli joked my dice were loaded in the last tourney, just as I rolled 4 snake eyes. I suppose if someone keeps rolling well, are you going to ask to have someone else roll for him.

There's this one fellow I play with now and again, and he's pretty jammy when it comes to dice rolling. He doens't make every roll, but he generally rolls well. When I use his dice I roll badly most of the time. I have pretty bad luck in general, but if we play with my dice it's not usually as bad.

Bad sportsmanship or just freaky coincidences?

Asking someone to use the SAME set of dice as you do for tournaments play etc is fair. Strait up asking them to use a different set partway through a game is the same as calling them a cheat and just poor form.

It's just dice kharma. Sometimes they love you and you roll like a god. Otherwise you just suffer.

I generally just leave a large pile of d6s on the table available for both players to loose.

I feel your pain, Target. I'm one of the worst die rollers I know. There's a guy I've played CTA against a bunch that rolls like a god, to the point where I've made him change dice and he still rolled like a god. Things even out though and if you roll like crap it's a good opportunity for better tactics since I've won way more games than I've lost.

I have a fairly large (40+ d20, 20-odd d12, 70+ d10, 30-ish d8, 100+d6, 20 d4) travelling dice bag- a small selection of the total actually- so we usually end up using my dice. Apart from Neil, who prefers to use his own- and usually rolls incredibly badly. I'm much more likely to ask for a change of dice for someone who's consistently rolling poorly than someone who's doing well- that's just the sort of good fortune we would all like to have.
By 'absurdly bad', I mean something like Aaron firing on a Shadow Omega with a Victory, lightning cannon and neutron lasers both, and managing to hit with precisely one dice from the neutron laser. The lightnng cannon, all eight dice, missed entirely. One in two to the thirteenth? Ridiculous, anyway.

I've taken to taking about 60 d6's to every game. I roll each die once, set them in a used pile until I've rolled all of them, then start fresh from the same used pile. Kind of quirky and ultra-geeky but my rolls improved once I started doing it.

Lowly Uhlan said:
I've taken to taking about 60 d6's to every game. I roll each die once, set them in a used pile until I've rolled all of them, then start fresh from the same used pile. Kind of quirky and ultra-geeky but my rolls improved once I started doing it.

I like that idea...

-OTSK

Back