How old are you?

28 going on 14. I am relatively new to Conan though, with most of my roots in AD&D 2nd edition and D&D 3.0 and 3.5. Toyed around with d20 Modern and Alternity as well.

I'ts good to se a large number of people in my age group here, as I am 34 years of age right now.

Though I donb't play or even own a copy of the Conan rules myself. I am a avid fasn of that type of movie and litrature.

I may even buy a copy of the rules one day if I get a chance to.

I feel kinda young around here. I'm just 23, soon to be 24, and i've playing since i was 12 or something. Played a lot of different games, got Conan a little more than a year ago. I've always read Conan comics, but the game really made me aware of REH's great writing. Now i'm hooked and i've read most of his Conan stories lately.

Erebus said:
Just wondering what the average age of Conan players is. Most people here seem to be older than those who post of the Wizards board. Myself, I'm 29. How about you :?:

I'm 36. I've been gaming since I was 9 or so. I remember the first adventure and the first creature I ever fought. My brother and I were being taken thru a D&D dungeon by our friend Joe. It was my first adventure, and his 2nd or 3rd. The first creature I ever fought was a Gelatinous Cube. Haw haw! Remember those? I remember Joe the GM stating that the floors of the dungeon have been swept clean: that there's no debris on teh floor at all. I was thinking: they must have an excellent janitorial staff here, or something. Then we turned the corner and sliding along the ground coming toward us was a big nasty Gelatinous Cube! Haw haw! :D

A young 48 here. Started RPGing back in 1977 with the original boxed D&D set (later picked up Chainmail which D&D was an offshoot of). Also discovered Conan around that time too (even got the first edition Deities and Demigods which had the soon-to-be-excluded-for-legal-reasons mythos for Conan, Cthulhu, Lankhmar, and other copyrighted material; unfortunately, I also wrote in it as I did not realize what a collector's item it would be :oops: ). Nowadays, it's too many RPG's, too little time... :?

47, started RPG'ing with the white box edition DnD around 1977. Started reading Sphere edition Conan around 1978, picked up RPG in 2005 for birthday present. Love the game, Mongoose have excelled themselves, except that Zamboula is in the wrong place.

Brass Jester said:
47, started RPG'ing with the white box edition DnD around 1977. Started reading Sphere edition Conan around 1978, picked up RPG in 2005 for birthday present. Love the game, Mongoose have excelled themselves, except that Zamboula is in the wrong place.

Then I must be in Zamboula, 'cause I'm always in the wrong place. :D

Good deal, someone around my own age. I had the white box also, but it was lost. I'm still crying over it. But I made up for it by collecting over 100 RPGs (not counting suppliments and stuff, and not computer games either).

Anyway, glad Brass Jester is older than me. Makes me feel young again. :D

Back