How many boxes of Light Armor MI to buy?

How many boxes of Light Armor MI to buy?

• 1 box set: "First hit is free, kid..."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 box sets: "Tap it to my veins!"

• 3 box sets: "I don't have to buy anymore... but I could. If I wanted to."

• 4 box sets: "Why are you looking at me like that?!"

• 5 box sets: "I can quit any time I want to!"

• 6 box sets: "What right does anyone have to tell me I shouldn't be doing this?"

• 7 box sets: "It's not like I'm some kinda junkie or anything!"

• 8 box sets: "Addicted? I'm not addicted... Who says I'm addicted?"

• 9 box sets: "I could quit buying anytime I wanted to."

• 10 box sets: "I just don't want to quit yet."

• Total voters

chris_valera

Mongoose
Just like it says, how many boxes of the light MI am I realistically going to need for an army?

I was told back in the day I wouldn't need more than two core game box sets worth of basic MI (32 guys) but I ended up buying five box sets worth, just for the bugs. But that's beside the point...

So my question is; how many boxes of light MI, are going to make a standard army? Knowing the way I collect, I can pretty much count on doubling that number anyway, but anyone can give me a rough idea, or some sample army lists to base my purchasing plans on?

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

I was only going to buy one, just for the heck of it, but after seeing how really good they are( I picked up one box today) I've decided to field a platoon. So three boxes plus a few more models from the bits service for conversions and such.

i plan on 2 box's but probably end up with 3

that said by looks of it none, as far as the LGS are concerned they dont exist and arnt comming out !!! as their suppliers dont have them on their order sheets !!! they have everything but !!

Hmmm. I think I'd have to know more about how LAMI are organized before I vote. They are swell models, though. All of 'em. :)

privateer said:
Hmmm. I think I'd have to know more about how LAMI are organized before I vote. They are swell models, though. All of 'em. :)

*sighs*
0-3 squads per 1 officer.

basic squad 8 men with an option to add four more = max squad of 12 men.

Soooo...for a fluff platoon, we have

1 Lt.
1 NCO

6 Squads of a total 72 men

Edit: *smacks Privateer with a newspaper* i reposted the previews i got from the game trader magazine too!

::Blocks newspaper so clumsily wielded by an amateur forum ambush artist:: :)

And those reposts had ALL of the stuff that the LAMI are allowed to take as support options, right?

How crazy of me to think I needed to buy the Klendathu Kodex when you're posting all the rules stuff for the LAMI right here :p

There needs to be a "more than 10", but I voted 10. My order should be in this afternoon *Woohoo!* so I will be in a painting coma for a month or so.

privateer said:
::Blocks newspaper so clumsily wielded by an amateur forum ambush artist:: :)

And those reposts had ALL of the stuff that the LAMI are allowed to take as support options, right?

How crazy of me to think I needed to buy the Klendathu Kodex when you're posting all the rules stuff for the LAMI right here :p

Go buy the book...the preview stuff was just the basic stuff like Lt, NCO, and Squad make up. It doesnt say anything about the command and fleet assets you can take, it does tell you that they can take twice the amount of emplacements..nor did I give out the effects of nuking bug holes. Now THAT'S good times :twisted:!

Also, there's captain stats...and since he's an officer, that's a further three squads of LAMI!

Hiromoon said:
privateer said:

*sighs*
0-3 squads per 1 officer.

basic squad 8 men with an option to add four more = max squad of 12 men.

Soooo...for a fluff platoon, we have

1 Lt.
1 NCO

6 Squads of a total 72 men

Edit: *smacks Privateer with a newspaper* i reposted the previews i got from the game trader magazine too!

So how many platoons make up a company? :wink:

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

aurak_merc said:
There needs to be a "more than 10", but I voted 10. My order should be in this afternoon *Woohoo!* so I will be in a painting coma for a month or so.

They only let you put in ten poll optionss. :(

I had it all they way up to 17 box sets, with the quotes being from the end of trainspotting:

11 box sets: "I tell you when I've had enough!"
12 box sets: "So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers - all false."
13 box sets: "The truth is that I'm a bad person."
14 box sets: "But, that's gonna change - I'm going to change."
15 box sets: "This is the last of that sort of thing.
16 box sets: "Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life."
17 box sets: "I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you."

But consider the option of 10 as 10+ box sets...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Let's see...

11 Boxes = 22 squads
12 boxes = 24
13 boxes = 26...

and so on.....at a maxium size for 1 platoon, featureing:
1 Cpt.
1 Lt.
2 NCOs (Master Sgts.)
1 SICON Agent

We're looking at 15 squads worth of LAMI...

Ah, its glad to see people thinking the same way I do. If you're gonna paint an army, might as well do it right and get the whole thing :)

So not forgetting extra boxes to make dead bodies, conversions, crew for vehicles, swap-out alternate weapons loads, racks of uniforms for that M.I. base you just know you want to build, and the inevitable spares for when you tread on one...

Just keep buying 'em as fast as you can paint em :)

Doing the math:

2 boxes will get you enough for a Lt, 2 NCO's, and 3 full squads. You will be short set of heavy weapons and a FedNet reporter to get full equipment for those squads and will have one model left over. This platoon, without any Priority Level specific upgrades, runs around 1200 points.

Yesterday I played against a 1500 LAMI force. It had three boxes worth of guys and that was plenty. I couldn't cut through all of them fast enough.

chris_valera said:
aurak_merc said:

They only let you put in ten poll optionss. :(

I had it all they way up to 17 box sets, with the quotes being from the end of trainspotting:

11 box sets: "I tell you when I've had enough!"
12 box sets: "So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers - all false."
13 box sets: "The truth is that I'm a bad person."
14 box sets: "But, that's gonna change - I'm going to change."
15 box sets: "This is the last of that sort of thing.
16 box sets: "Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life."
17 box sets: "I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you."

But consider the option of 10 as 10+ box sets...

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Chris, you need to make me up a quote. I have 18... :wink:
But then, I have a store :? . But then again, I don't have to sell any :wink:

veon said:
I'd say 5, 100 is a nice even number!

...and I won't miss the opportunity to say I'll sell you those 5 when you're ready, heh. Wait a minute, that only leaves me 13. Well, there's more where they came from... :idea:

Back