How do you pin?

No. 1 Bear

Mongoose
The questions above. This would be of great help to me. If you could pics would be useful. Thank you in advance.

I always try to make sure that the parts fit together first. I use a variety of files and sand paper to make things match. Sometimes only a Dremel and a lot of patience will work, though.

Once the parts fit is where I want it, I put a fresh, wet dab of paint, usually white, on one part and press it into place on the mating part. I then take them apart, and BINGO, you have a matched spot to drill. I use the kit from GF9, comes with 2 different rod sets and the correct drill bits. Good for dozens of pins. Or you could use a drill bit and brass, steel, or paper clips.

I usually glue with super glue and I like to use the accelerator, but it's not necessary. I'll put a dot of glue in both holes, and then some around the hole on one side. Pop the pin in one hole and quickly join the mini. You'll have some time to use a paper towel or napkin to wick away any glue that oozes out, and they just put a little dab of accelerator on it. Let it set for a little while, and you're off to the races!

Epoxy is the same technique. I use 5 minute epoxy and wet your towel with rubbing alcohol. No accelerator necessary, but extra patience and care. You only get about 2 1/2-3 minutes work time before 5 min epoxy begins to set up if you mix it in the correct ratio. It's very runny and sticky at first, though, and you can end up with too much and make a terrible mess. You can also use green stuff 2 part epoxy, which is what I use when doing pose mods on things like Hordes monsters, as the extra material allows you to sculpt details to cover the gaps.

Tom

I lent out my second Warmachine book that has a section on how to pin. let me look on the PP forum and i'll get back ti you

Back