HMAS Canberra - County/Kent Class

DanaussieII

Mongoose
G'day guys,

I wanted to share this one with you guys, the sculpt is a WotC Axis & Allies - War at Sea HMS Kent painted as the HMAS Canberra of the County/Kent Class. I absolutely love the Counties and would love to see what the Mongoose guys could do with the Royal Navy's mainstay Heavy Cruiser some day.

This ship was mounted on a 0.5mm balsa base to be compatible with Mongoose based miniatures, Vallejo Water Effects were then used for texture and then painted.

A small conversion was made by adding a Walrus floatplane amidships as what was on the HMAS Canberra, this was a floatplane taken from a WotC Konigsberg light cruiser model, of course it is not accurate but at tabletop view it has a plane where it is supposed to be. :lol:

I guess it will take some time to decide which WotC models to base in this way, some sculpts are already pretty good like the "R" Class battleships but I would prefer to have an "All" Mongoose Royal Navy and Kreigsmarine Fleet one day...must be patient. :D

Thanks for looking :D :D :D

Dan

Nice paintwork as usual - the camouflage is very neat!

You could cut an upper wing for the aircraft out of thin plastic card or even paper, then at least it would be a biplane and not a monoplane Arado. Or you can get Walruses from Mongoose. What scale is that model?

AdrianH said:
Nice paintwork as usual - the camouflage is very neat!

You could cut an upper wing for the aircraft out of thin plastic card or even paper, then at least it would be a biplane and not a monoplane Arado. Or you can get Walruses from Mongoose. What scale is that model?

Thank you for your reply Adrian, I'm truly honoured to be part of the VaS community. I noticed I could pick up some Walruses from the online store, I will have to throw some in to my next Mongoose order. The HMAS Canberra is of course 1/1800th the same as Mongoose minis mate, I will have to wait to see if Mongoose will eventually sculpt a County Class but until then a War at Sea County will have to suffice.

Dan :eek:

Thanks AdmiralGrafSpee and Spike1382, yes I'm a huge lover of the Counties, I hope to have HMAS Australia, HMAS Shropshire done by the end of this year, I'm not quite happy with my basing at the moment for the W@S minis but I think I'm getting there.

Thank you very much for your comments. :D :D :D

Dan

Back