Historical scenerios - which ones are balanced?

The area of morale, random events, miss-undestood orders etc interests me greatly but should be in a completely different thread to this.
To get back to the origonal question I am hard pressed to come up with any balanced scenario. The already much mentioned Denmark Strait is an easy one to set up and play, and in my games can go either way. We have a house rule that makes the other British ship run for home if one is sunk. (as PoW did, albeit with sticky turrets) :)

Denmark Strait could do with slightly altered victory conditions, IMHO, based on the Germans escaping.

There are a couple of scenarios with varied victory conditions: River Plate, Prelude to Matapan 2 and Death of a Giant.

Has anyone played these, and if so, are they reasonably balanced.

Would be great if we could simulate that

Did it in an ACW campaign, where one of the players had lost his ship by doing something rather stupid. At the end of the gaming session his CO ordered a court martial and we played it out (with some VERY dodgy role paying going on). Needless to say, he was found guilty and had to sit out the next session.

DM said:
Would be great if we could simulate that

Did it in an ACW campaign, where one of the players had lost his ship by doing something rather stupid. At the end of the gaming session his CO ordered a court martial and we played it out (with some VERY dodgy role paying going on). Needless to say, he was found guilty and had to sit out the next session.

thats a good one Ill have to try out.

Back