High Guard Update 2022 - Coming July 29th!

can you summarize the changes to armor?
The main change is for hulls smaller then 100 tons, takes more tonnage for the same amount of armour, can also be effected by hull configuration. There is also a new hull type that allows for more armour beyond the normal limits for capital ships.

Last edited:
Equivalent armour value.

Which by the time you get to the Tigress, is going to be measured in tens of metres of thickness.

To clarify step 3 should be power, step 4 should be fuel, step 7 is sensors and step 8 is weapons, 11 stateroom and 12 cargo - and you had an extra week to spot this...

Please tell me the deluxe edition isn't already at the printers...

And does the cover really not say "Update 2022"?! So no consistency across the update range? It should really include that, to match with the Core Rulebook update.

p 30
Ion Cannon barbette and the damage multiple: Is the intent to use the damage multiple here, or is it an exemption to that rule?
It is obvious that the intent on Ion Bay Weapons IS to use the damage multiple, however, employing that on the barbette means the barbette hits as hard as the small bay.
p31
Missile Barbette section
last sentence "barbetttes"

Last edited:
And does the cover really not say "Update 2022"?! So no consistency across the update range? It should really include that, to match with the Core Rulebook update.
Mine says Update 2022, too, exactly as in Feagal's image. Where are you getting that info from?

So far this is what I have found that needs to be fixed:

High Guard Update 2022
p. 9 Ship Design Checklist several steps are swapped around incorrectly. Specifically steps 3 and 4, steps 7 and 8, steps 11 and 12. Obviously caused by someone not realizing that the steps followed the arrows.
p.30 Animatter Torpedo should have the trait Radiation (this is a carryover from the old High Guard. missiles have it so Torpedoes should as well.
p.217 Merchant Cruiser: Launches are 20 tons - only allocated 10 tons of docking space each.
p.262 Atlantic Heavy Cruiser: Not in bookmarks.
p.285 Tigress Dreadnaught: Armoured Bulkheads for the Jump Drive tonnage should not have the comma.

Sorry for any duplication of effort.

pg 216
Kinunir Deck Plans
There are two Deck 2''s
There is no Deck 1

Pg 219-222
Leviathan
Somebody needs to check that deck plan... that is one big aux con on the 2nd deck.
No ventral torp barbette
Looks like launch and pinnace listing got reversed
I think there is an etc. in there somewhere... yep. 31 four briefing rooms, but only paid for three. Looks like maybe one should be a med bay? Paid for two, labeled one.

Last edited:
Back