Head + Desk = Poseidon

stryve said:
Yeah, that was my experience, last summer. Haven't painted the thing yet, as I don't currenty have a place to store it, but I did get it together. Though I do wish I'd checked the balance point before I drilled out the mounting slot...

l33tpenguin said:
And not as big as I was expecting, which is a bit disappointing.
The thing is 6.5 inches long, just how big were you expecting?

Somthing closer to 8 :p Its the biggest thing in the EA fleet! Though, judging by the rotating section, I guess it is in scale with the Omegas

l33tpenguin said:
Somthing closer to 8 :p Its the biggest thing in the EA fleet! Though, judging by the rotating section, I guess it is in scale with the Omegas

I dunno, I'd say the Poseidon is smaller than it should be wrt to the Omega, but that's just a gut reaction.

LBH

Thats what I'm saying. It just LOOKS like it should be bigger. I was comparing the rotating sections last night and they are about the same. The size difference is as noticiable between the omega and poseidon as it is between the nova and the omega (there is a difference)

If I understand you you're assuming that the actual rotating sections on the 'real' Omega and Poseidon should be the same length, I think they could feasibly be much larger on the Poseidon.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
If I understand you you're assuming that the actual rotating sections on the 'real' Omega and Poseidon should be the same length, I think they could feasibly be much larger on the Poseidon.

LBH

doubtful. It is more than likely that earth would just use the parts already avaliable to build the poseidon from the omega. It is unlikely, IMO, that something larger would have been built when soemthing is already avaliable.

Which it does.

Omega - 2250+
Pos - 2255+
C. Omega - 2259+

They all still have similar sized rotating sections, however. The poseidon and command omega share the same rotating section and the command omega and the omega share everything but the rotating section. Which means that all their bits and pieces would be similar sizes.

Mine's been a bitch to put together so far. Only half-way there as I'm still filing the body so that it fits together properly... :s

Hmmm... I've been thinking bout getting 1 for a while... Always liked the looks and it's now confirmed to be in scale with the Omega.

But I guess I'd better wait for comments on the new IWM ones.

I love the design and think it looks sweet, even if I expected it to be larger. I'm just disappointed with building the model. The biggest issue is that one half doesn't match up with the other half, its smaller and causes the 'hanger' bay things along each side to mismatch for top to bottom. That is like 80% of the hearthache with building it

I had to file mine down on both sides until they matched up. For me the difficult part was getting the rotating section to spin - it took a long time to clean up this one.

Back