Has the end of the miniatures range killed ACTA?

Is ACTA doomed?

• Never! The game is so great that Im sure new players will join even if only with counters!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yep. It wasnt that great to start with and Im giving up.

• No, it may not grow any bigger now but plenty of folks will keep playing it enough for the rules to

• Probably, people will keep it going for a while but gradually folks will just move on and noone will

• If the minis come back it will be born again but until that day its just going to bleed to death

• Other (please explain (and dont click me if your oppinions is pretty close to one of the other optio

• Total voters

Locutus9956

Mongoose
Maybe not immediately but sadly I can only see ACTA dying out gradually now new players will strugle to get hold of fleets except via old stock at some shops or ebay etc.

Im curious to see what people think.

Personally I think its gonna die off sadly. No matter how good a game is, most gamers I know gradually get bored and move on to other games, if a game has lots of new players getting into it then thats not a problem and usually the original lot will come back to it and play from time to time but without the new players coming in the game will die off and by the time those oirignal groups feel like coming back to the game it will be long gone and therell be noone to play.

I DO think the prophesied 'return of the miniatures range in a year' would rekindle the game potentially but I suepct alot of us may have 'passed beyond the rim' by then (so to speak ;)) and those that might come back might be a tad supsicious about investing in a miniatures range that has already proven rather tenuous once.....

I am not sure that bringing back the miniatures in a year will help stave off the death of this game. People move on and it is hard to get them to come back. I think it is terminal. May as well euthanize it.

Well I hope and feel it will carry on for quite some time - especially round here with the amount of new gamers who have recently bought into it.

some minis can be aquired through AOG and am sure that there will be stand ins and new "knock offs" made..............

The new book may help or hinder the survivabilty of ACTA?

as I said staying hopeful :D

Staying very hopeful to ACTA survialibility. We have had a good few new players and can see a good core of players.

If Mongoose and players support the game well I cannot see ACTA dying. So what there are no new minis. Publishing new suppliments until Mongoose get mini production back on track.

Admiral Phlop said:
I am not sure that bringing back the miniatures in a year will help stave off the death of this game. People move on and it is hard to get them to come back. I think it is terminal. May as well euthanize it.

From a business perspective you want new blood not old fossils.

New people have no fleets and need to buy much ;)

The game will last till the forum dies I think.

Certainly no lack of willingness. I have convinced 2 more people to give it ago even though production has ended! Good job I purchased abit of all the major fleets ;)

Well, perhaps the B5 incarnation of ACTA is dead or dying. Doesn't mean the ruleset can't be used for something else.

I can see ACTA rules set being used as a basis of either Star Trek or Battlestar or Star Wars game (popular in the masses mind). Well licences willing.

Or maybe the way to go is to pick certain space empire / conquest games and release minis around the ACTA rules. Starcraft, Sword of the Stars, X games etc.

I got some new players into B5, but only because I bought several large fleets before the end. One of them is going to pay me handsomely for one of the fleets, only because he can't get them anywhere else.

Dark Angel

Clanger said:
Staying very hopeful to ACTA survialibility. We have had a good few new players and can see a good core of players.

If Mongoose and players support the game well I cannot see ACTA dying. So what there are no new minis. Publishing new suppliments until Mongoose get mini production back on track.

What good are supplements without new races and units? Can't do much in the way of new units without models for them - people aren't going to want a counter alongside their model fleets, nor are they going to want to field a counter fleet if they've previously played with models.

No, my friend. This is a miniatures game. Without the miniatures you've got no game.

Amongst all the prophecies of doom and darkness, I am reminded what it was like when FASA went under...

And yet, here's CBT again, 10 years later. And Battletech never had the kind of media support that B5 has had.
The MGP B5 game may go under. ACTA may go away (though I doubt it. Too inherently good of a system). But there will always be a B5 game out there.

BattleTech is a classic, though, an enduring setting with dedicated fans. You could say the same about B5, but if B5 gaming comes back around I doubt it will be ACtA reborn.

to be honest they could do new ships with counters for the time being, this would kind of be a promise towards restarting mini production in the future.

I think that while ACTA may be dying due to lack of model support, the Babylon 5 theme will be picked up or revived through ACTA or another rule set, and likewise the rules for ACTA can be applied to other games.

new mini's means new people.
But they should make them in plastic or so, this si even more luring to people. 8)

We even have two new players at our club, who have always wanted to "give it a go" but never got round to it. And now it was now or never to start with ACTA. Luckily our store owner has ordered a large lot for the store and personal orders. who are arraving anny day now ^^

Well the rules gotta become damn good for new players to pick us this game without minis.

ACTA will become an underground game and doesnt officially even exist :?

Back