Has the end of the miniatures range killed ACTA?

Is ACTA doomed?

• Never! The game is so great that Im sure new players will join even if only with counters!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yep. It wasnt that great to start with and Im giving up.

• No, it may not grow any bigger now but plenty of folks will keep playing it enough for the rules to

• Probably, people will keep it going for a while but gradually folks will just move on and noone will

• If the minis come back it will be born again but until that day its just going to bleed to death

• Other (please explain (and dont click me if your oppinions is pretty close to one of the other optio

• Total voters
well there is areospace combat in that :D just fighters been updated so far but am sure we will soon get the warships.

Battlespace has either already been updated or is getting updated as we speak...
You can download the old (3025-era) House sourcebooks from:
http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=downloads#Miscellaneous

-- Back on topic --

Mongoose will continue selling the existing rulebooks and new supplements for ACTA until they're not making money doing it anymore. Why should they "officially" kill it off before that happens?

I never played, but I'm sad to see it go. A *am* glad that it spawned Victory at Sea though!

Taran said:
Battlespace has either already been updated or is getting updated as we speak...
You can download the old (3025-era) House sourcebooks from:
http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=downloads#Miscellaneous

thank you - most kind :)

Soulmage said:
-- Back on topic --

Mongoose will continue selling the existing rulebooks and new supplements for ACTA until they're not making money doing it anymore. Why should they "officially" kill it off before that happens?

I never played, but I'm sad to see it go. A *am* glad that it spawned Victory at Sea though!

True - I'ts a pity they can't use third party minis like VAS ...........

On the subject of minis, Matt made an interesting comment on his latest Planet Mongoose post. Ok, he does say it's nothing for ACTA players to get excited about, but given the level of support for the game when the minis were going OOP, if his plans come to fruition one would hope that ACTA would see some loving too.

Regards,

Dave

BT is dead...
ACTA will be dead soon...
... its sad but the reality. I like ACTA and we play it here and will play it in the future. But i see no hope.

A comeback with miniatures in a year, i hope and wait for it. Without miniatures the game will die.

The last I saw that Battle Tech was in revival and have seen plenty stuff in the shops.

It has never really gone away. I think ACTA will be like that.

Clanger said:
The last I saw that Battle Tech was in revival and have seen plenty stuff in the shops.

It has never really gone away. I think ACTA will be like that.
Apart from the "plenty of stuff in the shops"?

yeah, 2 or more books isnt plenty of stuff. although ebay will have plenty on for now i think.

what I am looking for now is crimson skies, anybody have that and want to offload it?

Da Boss said:
hope its better than BattleSpace :shock:

Battlespace was replaced by the superior Aerotech 2 (which was later revised and made even better!), but that's since been superseded by Total Warfare, which contains full rules for fighters and DropShips, and the upcoming Tractical Operations book will have Jumpship and Warship rules.

Yeah, I have to say. . . Battletech is not dead. Everytime I go to a Con, there's a LOT of BT representation.

I don't really play anymore. Gave it up as too cumbersome and flawed back in 2001 or thereabouts. . . but I'm always seeing it here and there. Just check out the GenCon event listings. I haven't even looked at them and I can tell you there are a swarm of BT events listed.

I tell you I'm still dumbfounded that Mongoose is killing ACTA - by all accounts it has been their most successful game ever.

animus said:
I tell you I'm still dumbfounded that Mongoose is killing ACTA - by all accounts it has been their most successful game ever.

Out of how many games?

My poles have shown a strong interest in people wanting to play the game still.

Games do not need series on tv to be popular.

Back