Gurps Conan

dbenson

Mongoose
Holy Cow, where can I get a copy of Gurps Conan? I've scoured the net for a copy and cannot find a singe one. Somebody help!!!!!!!

I should clarify that I own Conan OGL. I just want Gurps Conan to flesh out a little of the info for my campaign. I've already also preordered The Scrolls of Skelos.

I never found it to be all that useful, myself. However, it's been a while since I've looked at it. If you're able to find one, I warn you: the binding is utter crappe. My copy disintegrated into individual pages fairly soon after I bought it.

And no, you can't have it. :twisted:

It took me several months a couple of years ago bidding on e-bay before I got mine. I'm happy with it as I am a Conan nut (can't believe I didn't pick it up back when it came out), but I had to pay around $50 for it.

Try ebay, or possibly abebooks.com.

It's something of a collector's item. I paid $30 for a copy which had almost fallen apart - mainly because I was tired of looking for it, and swiftly broke it up and re-bound it.

Good luck!

Jason Durall said:
Try ebay, or possibly abebooks.com.

It's something of a collector's item. I paid $30 for a copy which had almost fallen apart - mainly because I was tired of looking for it, and swiftly broke it up and re-bound it.

Good luck!

Wow, now I feel lucky. I bought it new (and discounted) from my FLGS nearly 8 years ago. I have not used it much. I read through it once and ahve flipped through it for reference a few times and the binding looks as if it has had a LOT of use.

If you're looking for additional information about the Hyborian age, watch for the upcoming Road of Kings. It's gonna have a comprehensive overview of the world of Conan.

As a note, too, much (if not all) of the GURPS Conan material is available online here:

http://www.conan.no/modules.php?op=modload&name=pages&file=dummy&filnavn=modules/pages/land/index.php

Well...they do come available from time to time on ebay or various online used book sellers, but usually run mid-$30+, usually, $50+ (low $30s for a pretty beat-up copy). I've got 3 copies myself, for collectible purposes (2 have different color spines, but look the same otherwise to me, and 1 is still in shrink wrap) - I *might* be able to part with one, but my price would be outrageous...

I ran and played in a GURPs Conan campaign for close to two years some time back and really liked it alot. It is a hefty complement to the people at mongoose that I think they made a better game representation of the Hyborian world, because the GURPs version was very good. Its principle weakness was that the magic system was too generic. The combat and skill systems in GURPs are hard to beat, and I think have better pure mechanics than any D20 system, but lack the flavor of the Mongoose version, so call it a toss up.

Interesting. I'm not a big fan of Gurps but I'm not exactly huge into game mechanics and there's not really a better way to RP ancients.

I'm really glad Conan got picked up by somebody. A lot of licenses for well loved games of the past just sit there ...

Back