Grizzly Weapon options

Not trying to break up this love-fest any :lol: (btw, hi DAWGIE!), I'll post a first-attempt at my try at a new camo for my Grizzly Exosuit with, as it happens, dual six-guns! MUAhahaha, Rambo had nuthin' on this guy! :wink:

EXO_CAMO.jpg

I have more work to do, but someone over at TMP wanted an example of urban camo for sci-fi so I had this one up to this point. It needs the barrel ends blackened and the base finished, but it pretty much is a try at a new paint style for my troopers. It reminds me vaguely of some WW1-2 dazzle camo for naval ships :shock: .

One problem, from that picture it looks like you painted it in pastel reds and blues.

Makes it look like an Easter exosuit in those colors. :p

Turtle said:
One problem, from that picture it looks like you painted it in pastel reds and blues.

Makes it look like an Easter exosuit in those colors. :p

Well, that comment gives an entire new meaning to the term "On the bounce", LOL! :lol:. I'd just be careful saying that to him from real close up, though :wink: . Yep, sometimes lighting effects can change what the camera "sees". I'm looking at the pic and the model next to me, and the light brown looks rose-colored online and what looks blue is more of a grey in reality. Maybe I'll install a couple of whip antennas for some ears, snicker :roll: .

DAWGIE said:
ACTUALLY, i did not say anything about sanctioning theft of intellectual properties . . .

what i said/or should have said was that the rulebooks bought by myself and other players were loaned out as needed so that folks without one could read the rules for themselves.

my money, my rulebook. i could loan it to anyone who wanted to read it it that could not afford to buy one. hell, since i bought it, i could use if for toilet paper or firestarter and nary another soul has kakky to say about it.

ditto with my toys. i could loan some to who ever needed them without making them feel like a pauper, or a second class gamer.

in fact, pretty much like your group apparently does, we (the ones that could afford extras) bought them so they would be availalble for a gamer without toys of his/her own, who was trying to decide exactly what they wanted to play with, or for some one to use while they were buying/preping their own stuff for tabletop action.

i do understand your point of view about wargaming being an expensive hobby, but, i do not go so far as to say "if ya cannae afford it, ye should nae be doing this for a hobby".

i believe in giving anyone a helping hand that needs one, BUT, shame on "them" if i find out "they" have been abusing my, or another person's assistance!

from that point own, whatever the endeavor, if the abuser was to burst into spontaneous combustion, i would nae pee on them to douse the flames!

in fact, i might actively search out some fuel to expedite the burning process . . .

JOSE, this has been a nice, civilized discussion and i think we might have more in common than i originally thought when i read your first message.

<:O) nary a cyberspace GLASGOW KISS exhanged or even attempted! how very refreshing! <:O)

DAWGIE

I just think you locked onto one sentence and took it a bit out of context.
(It was a flip remark to the post before me, it even had a smiley :) ). Anyway my original comments were directed at players who come online and ask for rules and statistics so they can play the game without having access to a rulebook.
My view is, that if you are going to play, then at least on player in the group should have the actual rules. That's sharing, anything else is stealing from the publisher.
Also, I bet you've had players who borrowed stuff and couldn't afford to buy models, then went on holiday or bought a new PC or went out every weekend etc.. etc... 'Can't afford to wargame' is relative, you (and myself) are obviously prepared to make sacrifices to play. It's all a matter of priorities.

And BuShips...... The camo is a bit bright, maybe he's off somewhere nice?
Could be the new 'Mardi-Gras Urban infiltration pattern'

I'd probably send a cougar though, nowhere to hang the beads on a grizzly

:)

YES, i and others with the same philosophy towards gaming have had this happen to us.

when it happens to _me_ i relegate the individual (s) with the new PC, every weekend party hearty, etc, to the spontaneous combustion category, and go in search of fuel to add to the fire . . .

DAWGIE

HEIDI-HEY, BUDDY!

i think the camer has done something odd to the way the colors came our. looks kinda pastel to me.

camouflage is one of my favorite things to paint, but, i went with the basic dark green "as issued" color scheme for my M4s, M8, M9, COUGAR and GRIZZLY armors. i may go back and paint up some camou patterns later, though.

i went with the golden metallic visor look (what some folks refer to as THE MASTERCHIEF LOOK) for the M4s, COUGARs, and GRIZZLYs.

originally i wanted to have clear visors and went to a lot of trouble to paint the faces, then completely botched the visor gluing process and had to paint them.

now i am thinking about leaving visors "off" in the "up" position for the next MI powersuit troopers i get.

there are some very good links for camou battledress sources in the files section of BADDAWG'S LANDING, my own yahoo group (which welcomes any/all sci fi figures/in any scale/ rules discussion, AAR reports, scenario ideas, etc.

here are a few links that might be of use to some if not all:

http://www.sovietairborne.com/Uniforms.html

http://www.spets.dk/spetsnaz_uniformer.htm

http://www.arthistoryclub.com/art_history/Camouflage

http://www.kamouflage.net/en_040300.php

http://members.tripod.com/domgoh/geruniw2.htm

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/troopcamo/default.htm

i also invite folks with interests in skirmish gaming (land, under the sea, sea, air, outer space) other than sci fi at my place. RPGs, HORROR, etc

i do encourage participation, but do know hold "lurker pogroms".

DAWGIE

not SST, but my practice urban camo (which was going to go on pathfinders before the pre-paint thing). I was going for camo that would work when clubbing :)

DSCF0049.jpg

I'll see after I get a few more done up what new pics show, but the real thing isn't near as pastel or bright. The camera and/or lighting is not displaying the mini as dark as it really is. I'm still going to push forward with the camo method and see where it takes me. :? Thanks for the input, guys!

Back