Got my first SoC goodie

S'mon said:
Slight problem with the scenario that I've just looked at - Arenjun City of Thieves is supposed to be the setting of REH's Tower of the Elephant (though it was not named by REH), thus the royal seat of Zamora. But the adventute features the 'Governor of Zamora' as a major NPC. I'm not exactly sure how I'll handle it, but from a quick glance it looks like the adventure would fit in the Hyborean kingdoms ok.

I haven't read it, but I don't see how that's particularly a concern. Royalty isn't necessarily concerned with directly running their own local city, much like the U.S. congress and president don't directly run D.C., instead having a mayor who does that.

slaughterj said:
I haven't read it, but I don't see how that's particularly a concern. Royalty isn't necessarily concerned with directly running their own local city, much like the U.S. congress and president don't directly run D.C., instead having a mayor who does that.

My thoughts exactly.

/wolf

Yes - 'Governor' doesn't seem right to me, though. 'Chancellor' or 'Steward', maybe. 'Mayor' doesn't seem appropriate for Conan.

...Think I'll go with Chancellor. :)

S'mon said:
Yes - 'Governor' doesn't seem right to me, though. 'Chancellor' or 'Steward', maybe. 'Mayor' doesn't seem appropriate for Conan.

...Think I'll go with Chancellor. :)

Bah, it's just a name, use what you will :)

GhostWolf69 said:
argo said:
Y'know, I like Mongoose. I think that they have a lot of talanted people working for them who are churning out a lot of good ideas and I try to talk them up whenever I can. And the nice thing is that every time somebody brings up the subject of their bad editing I can always just look at them and say, dead serious, "yeah, but their customer service rocks on toast 8) "

Great job guys. Way to show us that you care.

Agreed. They seem to care more than most game publishers, and even though I do not always agree with their rulings I cannot take that (their caring) away from them, and I don't want to either.

/wolf

Wow ghost, you sure have some nerve posting here after what happened in the rulemasters. I hope you aren't going to be bashing some itsy bitsy problem in this adventure as well, since it is way better than most up-on-the shelf adventures (those that are still sold anyway). A whopping 15 pages, with a very atmospheric homebrewed demon as well.

Iron_Chef wrote:
S'mon wrote:
Slight problem with the scenario that I've just looked at - Arenjun City of Thieves is supposed to be the setting of REH's Tower of the Elephant (though it was not named by REH), thus the royal seat of Zamora. But the adventute features the 'Governor of Zamora' as a major NPC. I'm not exactly sure how I'll handle it, but from a quick glance it looks like the adventure would fit in the Hyborean kingdoms ok.

Shadizar is the Royal Seat of Zamora, isn't it?

No. Go read Tower of the Elephant.

Nowhere in Tower of the Elephant does it say what the capitol of Zamora is. A Royal Guard is killed in the garden of the tower but as Yara is not the king that only shows that these guards were sent to Yara, perhaps as a gift, or tribute of a sort. If a Royal Governor held court in Arenjun it seems reasonable that Royal Guards would be at his command. Perhaps he sent these soldiers to Yara.

DeCamp states that the capitol is Shadizar. As he does not take credit for changing this, or deciding that this is where it is I tend to think that this was probably Howard's choice.

Back