Got my first SoC goodie

Its an advetnture. I havn't read it yet so can't give details.

Its going up on RPGNow.com in a few weeks but you will have to pay for it there , The Sons of Cimmeria get it for free.

Coolness abounds. :lol:

rook111 said:
Its an advetnture. I havn't read it yet so can't give details.

Its going up on RPGNow.com in a few weeks but you will have to pay for it there , The Sons of Cimmeria get it for free.

Coolness abounds. :lol:

If you could post a brief rundown of the plot when you have tme, I'd sure appreciate it, also with what country it takes place in and whether it is easily adapted to other countries or not. Thanks!

On a cursory overview, it takes place in Zamora (Arenjun to be precise) and it is easily adaptable to other countries. As a matter of fact, a list of countries and alternate NPC names is provided. Still reading through it though, so no real plot details as yet.

The 'goose just rocks out loud.

I'm really excited about this first goodie. It shows that Mongoose is coming through for us and doing so with thought.

With that said, I almost feel bad about asking this....but can you have anything that we might print with a white background? The border is hard enough on my ink budget, but the yellow background is a double whammy. (and more to the point, I won't have to answer to my better half about these things or the my Staples bill)

Thanks,

Arkobla Conn

Arkobla Conn said:
I'm really excited about this first goodie. It shows that Mongoose is coming through for us and doing so with thought.

With that said, I almost feel bad about asking this....but can you have anything that we might print with a white background? The border is hard enough on my ink budget, but the yellow background is a double whammy. (and more to the point, I won't have to answer to my better half about these things or the my Staples bill)

Thanks,

Arkobla Conn

Just do what I do...

Fire off a Barney picture, leave it in the printer tray, then blame the kids...

:D

If you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat (meaning not just the reader) you should be able to separate the graphics layer from the text layer. If you don't, then you'll have to Cut & Paste like the rest of the unwashed masses.

Just wanted to add that I love the first "goodie" from the Sons of Cimmeria program. I personally could not hack up my book so just sent in my email and now can partake with the goodness. I also luv the borders with the text - the printer be damed!

Mongoose rocks!

Just wanted to add that I love the first "goodie" from the Sons of Cimmeria program. I personally could not hack up my book so just sent in my email and now can partake with the goodness. I also luv the borders with the text - the printer be damed!

Mongoose rocks!

Set your printer to black and white only and save that color ink if you need it for something else.

Also, bump up the hit points for this NPC as they only gave him one level.
All three classes use a d8 so give him another 2 levels worth.

Oleksa the Stout, Medium Humanoid (Zamorian 2nd level Noble/1st level Thief)Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (6 hp)

I have yet to see mine, but a cool adventure seems just about right for me. I can't wait to get home and check my e-mail. :)

/wolf

Y'know, I like Mongoose. I think that they have a lot of talanted people working for them who are churning out a lot of good ideas and I try to talk them up whenever I can. And the nice thing is that every time somebody brings up the subject of their bad editing I can always just look at them and say, dead serious, "yeah, but their customer service rocks on toast 8) "

Great job guys. Way to show us that you care.

argo said:
Y'know, I like Mongoose. I think that they have a lot of talanted people working for them who are churning out a lot of good ideas and I try to talk them up whenever I can. And the nice thing is that every time somebody brings up the subject of their bad editing I can always just look at them and say, dead serious, "yeah, but their customer service rocks on toast 8) "

Great job guys. Way to show us that you care.

Agreed. They seem to care more than most game publishers, and even though I do not always agree with their rulings I cannot take that (their caring) away from them, and I don't want to either.

/wolf

Slight problem with the scenario that I've just looked at - Arenjun City of Thieves is supposed to be the setting of REH's Tower of the Elephant (though it was not named by REH), thus the royal seat of Zamora. But the adventute features the 'Governor of Zamora' as a major NPC. I'm not exactly sure how I'll handle it, but from a quick glance it looks like the adventure would fit in the Hyborean kingdoms ok.

S'mon said:
Slight problem with the scenario that I've just looked at - Arenjun City of Thieves is supposed to be the setting of REH's Tower of the Elephant (though it was not named by REH), thus the royal seat of Zamora. But the adventute features the 'Governor of Zamora' as a major NPC. I'm not exactly sure how I'll handle it, but from a quick glance it looks like the adventure would fit in the Hyborean kingdoms ok.

Shadizar is the Royal Seat of Zamora, isn't it?

Iron_Chef said:
S'mon said:

Shadizar is the Royal Seat of Zamora, isn't it?

No. Go read Tower of the Elephant.

Back