Gelid bones & calm of the adept

baojin

Mongoose
Hey all,

I wonder if it's been noted in some errata somewhere, because i really can't figure why the hell gelid bones would need "calm of the adept" as a prerequisite ? This just makes absolutely no sense at all...

Anybody knows if this' been fixed ? Or what's the hidden reason behind that ?

TIA

Nialldubh said:
2: Presume it 2nd edition, we are talking about, on page 245 is Gelid Bones and boxed text mention Beyond Black River, but that story about Conan, Balthus and that dog and their troubles with the Fort of Velitrium being destroyed and not recognise the example they put in it!?!
If factual, it would mean a Pictish Shaman spell, think they may have quoted wrongly.

3: my belief is it is as I say in 1st part is I believe it a speciality thing that Khitan Wizard used and they could transfer the power along their staves as they wandered about hidden in their cowls and hooded so none could truly see their faces!

Actually you are right regarding Khitan Magic.
The quote to "Beyond the Black River" in the Core Rules 2e is wrong.
If you copy the first line "Gebal halted short in his headlong plunge" and pasted it into google, you'll get plenty of references to the "Hour of the Dragon".
In fact, in that story the man called "Gebal" was paralysed by a Khitan sorcerer (one of the four servants of Valerius).
So it makes sense to have an Oriental Spell as a prerequisite.

Allright thx for your answers.

I was doing a Stygian orginally but was interested in switching for a Khithan as well, but the GM said it might be strange to have Khithans dudes roaming around.

I remember it being used by Khemsa in the book q/ Devi Yasmina and the Himelian Tribesman, and the castle w/ sorcerors (I can't remmeber the name, argghhh!

baojin said:
Allright thx for your answers.

I was doing a Stygian orginally but was interested in switching for a Khithan as well, but the GM said it might be strange to have Khithans dudes roaming around.

Tell your GM to read JMR's Conan The Valorous. Then ask him if he still thinks it would be strange.

Back