Frustrated - No Map Yet for the Shadizar Boxed Set

I'm still waiting. I e-mailed them a year ago, and this is the response I got on October 31st, 2005:

Hi,

While we are happy to see such a good response from our customers wanting the map, I am sorry to say it has taken us a little by suprise and we have now ran out.

We are getting more printed and as soon as we have them we will get a copy sent out to you. Very sorry for the delay.

Regards
Mark Humphries

As far as I know there has been no announcement of the replacement map being discontinued. To cut costs I suspect they're probably going to wait until their stock of the original printing of the Shadizar box set sells out and *then* print some additional maps for use as replacements while reprinting the boxed set. It'd be nice to have an official update on the situation, but I'm not holding my breath...

Hollywood Hogan said:
Well it has been 6 months since I was supposed to recieve my Shadizar map in the mail. In the past 6 months, I've sent numerous emails and have not recieved a reply. This is extremely frustrating, as I'm a big supporter of Mongoose's Conan product line - I own Conan - The RPG - Atlantean Edition, The Road of Kings, The Pirate Isles, The Free Companies, Shadizar - City of the Wicked, and Aquilonia rpg books.

To compound the problem, my fellow gamers and I have since left Shadizar, without ever experiencing the new map. Not really sure where or how to advance from here, so I just thought I would vent a little and get this off my chest.

- Hollywoood

Odd...I contacted Matt Sprange before Gen Con and he told me they were out of print, but another run would be done soon.

I checked back a few months later and he got it to me inside of 5 days (and that's across the ocean).

Keep trying is (I guess) my message. That and that your experience is not universal.

I have never heard of the map exchange? What is it and where can I find more info about it? I have the Shadizar boxed set and I just printed the new map off the site. It would be nice to have a bigger one, but if it's not possible anymore, I'm cool with that.

Back