Friday the 13th the Series & OGL Horror

Golem2176

Mongoose
You know, I never thought about it, but being that D20 Modern is out, I'd love to do a campaign around the central idea of the show. The rules from OGL horror would be a perfect subset for dealing with undead and similar things, that would freak anyone in in todays day and age. So Sanity is a must. Though not as important as in Cthulhu. It is not a battle to stay sane. It is a battle to regain lost and cursed magical artifacts.

I loved the episode 13 o'clock, so the first adventure will be based around the pocketwatch. I'd actually like to use the idea of Department 7. The headquarters will be in England as a large masion/library as based in Poltergeist: The Legacy. This could make for some very interesting roleplaying if I included the spellcasting classes from Urban Arcana, though toned down a bit. Thoughts?

I did the Friday the 13th idea as part of a Cthulhu game. Basically I inserted a local cult, whom when a particualar time arrives, seek out the artifacts (machete and mask), and rampage through an area in the name of their Blood God.

Those that put the mask on given their body over to a GOO (who lives in the lake), and undergo physcial and massive mental changes, becoming an avatar that seeks slaughter and sacrifice in the name of the great old one. Each kill feeds the great old one, and the cult, and the masked one can not be harmed easily and is capable of living for ever.... The machete is the cults chosen weapon, but anyone who dons the mask and picks up the blade is given over the Great Old One

The local cult includes law enforcement, and other high ranking individuals, who instigate cover up, to hide their activities.

Worked out nicely... dropped it in a few times, before they finally figured things out

Dear Golem,

Why don't you head over to 'michael.tresca.net' and look under the 'Freebies' section for a 60+ page Friday the 13th supplement for d20 Modern. I believe it is called 'Friday the 13th Resurrection'....

Hope this helps,
Blue Crane

Guest said:
Dear Golem,

Why don't you head over to 'michael.tresca.net' and look under the 'Freebies' section for a 60+ page Friday the 13th supplement for d20 Modern. I believe it is called 'Friday the 13th Resurrection'....

Hope this helps,
Blue Crane

The problem is, Friday the 14th: Ressurection is for the movies, not the TV Series (which was completely different). I'd love to see a book on the series, as well as one on Poltergeist the Legacy :)

Back