Freight and Passenger Traffic DMs: Which world?

In the 2nd edition rulebook, pages 207 to 209, it lists various DMs for rolling on the Freight, Passenger, and Mail Traffic tables. Which world do you consider for these DMs? The current world or the destination world?

Core said:
The number of potential passengers seeking passage to any given destination varies depending on a number of factors.
This hints that the number of passengers varies with destination, so perhaps the destination world is used to determine the DMs?

If we glance back at MgT1 it could very well be both current and destination worlds.

I would probably go with both worlds. It makes sense to me that there is little traffic both to and from a low population world, and a lot of traffic both to and from a high pop world.

Gurps Far Trader used both planets for a lot of calculations. For the simplified freight system things were based off the destination world (pg 19 if you have the book).

AnotherDilbert said:
If we glance back at MgT1 it could very well be both current and destination worlds.

I would probably go with both worlds. It makes sense to me that there is little traffic both to and from a low population world, and a lot of traffic both to and from a high pop world.
While I agree 100% with your logic, it would be nice if the rules were a little more clear. It is almost as if a paragraph was missing. It would not have taken much more than that to make the process crystal clear. :D

Back