First Impressions

All that is in there now is the Campaign Ideas section, which I admit is very generic. And an into adventure in the back, which is very specific. This probably needs some guidance from Matt. I'm of two or three minds on this.

First, I'm not sure a 'Pioneer Universe' like the Third Imperium or 23300AD is the way to go for something so near future as to be obsolete (or parallel universe) by the time a book hits prints - and our friends over at SpaceX (and Rocket Labs, and whoever comes out of the sea of startups and actually gets something new and different to work) are not making that easier.

Second, what's the greater interest: sandbox (which is what we've built) or adventures (which are littler books) or campaigns (bigger books, sets of books, etc). As it is, we're looking at a First to Mars adventure book and an slightly later tech open-up-the-outer system sort of book (At least that's my thought - maybe then there's a fusion drive). I'm a sandbox sort of guy, and honestly every Traveller (or D&D, or Runequest, or a few others) campaign I've been in has been homebrew (LBB-based mostly to be truthful - though I did run a solo PoD that got me back focused on Traveller - so that's 3I).

Third mind is: if there is more focus on a specific setting, how fictionalized does it need to be to avoid throwing Elon Musk or a pile of trademark lawyers into the mix?

I'm also an old school Lego person: Give me a giant box of plastic and let me build stuff with it. Not doing those kits (okay, I have a few kits, but consistency is for wimps). So I guess I'm reflecting the question back: 'What do you want to do" - here's a pile of tools and parts. How much blueprint do you want or need? (Yes, I'm speaking as a creator, not someone who has to sell stuff to people - so like I said, Matt should probably weigh in) .
Sandbox is best, and in the tradition of Traveller, lots of random tables used to generate plot lines and encounters will probably work well too.

I still think it is a good idea for an intro adventure and some supplemental adventures to build on it though. However, if you want to do a line of supplements, I’d prefer more detailed sourcebooks for Mars, Venus, Jupiter, etc

The race for a Lunar station will be between the US and China.

The race for a Lunar base will be between the US and China

The race for a Mars base is likely to be between China and India (in the next decade India's population will be increasing while China's is in decline, in the next decade China will have a larger economy than the US but in twenty to thirty years India will be number 2 or 1).

5eda64d1f34d0563dd1d79c5

There's a paragraph to handle if astronauts from rival nations decide to hit each other with spanners.

The latest news in the real world tells me someone better write some space combat rules for this though.

There's a paragraph to handle if astronauts from rival nations decide to hit each other with spanners.

The latest news in the real world tells me someone better write some space combat rules for this though.
When astronauts do that, is it settled similarly to traveller, with damage coming off END and what not?

Back