Female Gang Miniatures

If Mongoose released a boxed set of female gang miniatures, would you buy it?

• Just try and stop me. I'd buy more than one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would buy one, and know at least one other person who would buy one.

• I play GOMC1 and would buy this set.

• I don't play GOMC1, but would probably buy this for the miniatures themselves.

• I'm not sure. I would have to see what they look like first.

• I would not buy this set.

• Total voters
Time to get this thread back on topic... anyone else have any thoughts or comments on female gangs?

There are a lot of modern or sci-fi female figures out there (if you really look around) but a lot of them look too normal for Mega-City One. I don't want them all to look like Futsies, but there are many styles of dredd drawn in the comics that I would love to see represented on this set... when it arrives (still hoping).

Arabin

Ok, the last batches of figures for GOMC1 have all been released now for a while, and Matthew Sprange did say "we'll see how the current crop of GMC releases do. If they do well, I'll personally commission a girl gang".

With absolutely nothing on the horizon for GOMC1, could we please get an update on this project? Will we get a girl gang?

Arabin

Arabin said:
Time to get this thread back on topic... anyone else have any thoughts or comments on female gangs?
Arabin

I've been playing Escher gangers for Necromunda since that game came out, but of course that style isn't quite MC1. And to tell the truth, a complete lack of cool female figs has limited my GoMC1 enthusiasm. (Even though the system rocks over Necromunda...)

What an MC1 femme-gang would need is a Tank Girl look, IMHO. The animation styles fit quite nicely, and there'd be enough distinctiveness to every fig. Or pick any GRRL Band of your choice. Copy female charcters from the Matrix or the Blade movies or any Milla Jovovich action film (just copy Milla!). Watch some eps of "Americas Next Top Model" where they do off the wall outfits and copy those.

Some other advice
- Its not all about the bosoms. Abs Abs abs!
- Pretty faces with cool hair.
- Don't rule out Mohawks, half-hawks, or straight out baldness - those still fit the wacky Dredd-verse.
- Make their actual weapons and fight poses impressive, so they look like they know how to handle a sword or shotgun.

I haven't been impressed with the SST females so far, so I'd hope the GoMC1 sculpts would be more feminine, with just the right amount of kick ass.

Just my two pfennig...

Nice ideas Rorschach. Just flicking through 2000AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine, you see plenty of stylized females. I agree that they should all be like "Babes in Arms" but there is a unique wackiness to Mega-City life that should be represented in the miniatures. I like the idea of Tank-Girl style, half mo-hawks on females, bald females, etc. They would certainly be original.

Getting slightly off topic.. but I would also like to see other male gang options in the style on Fifth Element. Korben Dallas, Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg, etc.

Of course, we are still waiting to hear if Mongoose will produce anything else, let alone the female gangers...

Arabin

Tell you what, guys - we'll see how the current crop of GMC releases do. If they do well, I'll personally commission a girl gang Smile

I'm late to this dance, but since nothing's been said for awhile, I'll gues that the female gang isn't gonna come out. :(

What about just a few metal ones instead of the pricer/more complicated interchangeable plastic set. The GoMC-1 rulebook, and gang box set has picts of female gangers. So c'mon, hook us fellas up!

msprange said:
Tell you what, guys - we'll see how the current crop of GMC releases do. If they do well, I'll personally commission a girl gang :)

I am a little disappointed that nothing further was ever said on this. That comment was made six months ago, which is surely long enough to make a decision and at least let us know what's happening.

Oh well, back to browsing competing miniature companies for female gangers instead.

Arabin

This angers me so. Gangs has proven a good game by the sfsfw as it got 2nd best sci-fi ruleset, after SST. I think it deserves better coverage. And I think a really nice set of female ganger models would be brilliant. Some proper multi-part plastics would be nice. The main problem we have, I think is that. All you need ae ball joints for the head and arms (like the skinnies but the ball joints te other way round) maybe even the body to legs attachment. I like being able to choose whether they are lft or right handed, thats cool. I dislike stationary models, give them the ability to have cool action poses. If you dont change anything to the type of plastics you make, at least change the body joint so its round giving you the opportunity to have their torso facing any direction.

Back