Female Gang Miniatures

If Mongoose released a boxed set of female gang miniatures, would you buy it?

• Just try and stop me. I'd buy more than one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would buy one, and know at least one other person who would buy one.

• I play GOMC1 and would buy this set.

• I don't play GOMC1, but would probably buy this for the miniatures themselves.

• I'm not sure. I would have to see what they look like first.

• I would not buy this set.

• Total voters

Arabin

Mongoose
For more than a year, I have asked, begged, pleaded, but not succeeded in convincing Mongoose to release a boxed set of female gang miniatures. Please take a moment to post your interest here in the hopes that we can get this much needed set in the new year.

Arabin

You know I'd buy them! And I've been campaigning for these buggers too! Come on `Goose... give us women for our gangs!

I know you have also been right there with me begging for this miniatures set, so hopefully enough people will vote on this poll to give Mongoose pause for thought at least. So far it is looking pretty positive.

A tiny portion of the customers actually come to this forum, and even less would actually vote, so you could probably multiply the results by at least 10 to give an initial interest number.

It's Tuesday morning and so far we have 9 people that have voted and a total of 14+ sets that would be purchased.

Cast your votes people.

Arabin

I think that would be great. Especially in a box with both male and female sprues (1 of each in a box),then it would fit the artwork on the front of the street gang box.

Actually, I'd probably buy two or three boxes (I have 4 normal gang boxes - some are gangers the rest are civilians). And I know 2 or 3 other people who'd buy a box. ESPECIALLY if they are multipart plastic.

Alternately, Mongoose could just release a female conversion blister pack that has female torsos, heads, etc in pewter that are compatible with the plastic gangers. I'd buy a lot of those too.

Good points Judge Doug. Between my wife and I, we would get at least 2 sets immediately with another one or two to follow (depending on the versatility).

My first choice would be multi part female gangers just like the male gangers boxed set.

Second choice would be an all metal gang like the apes, undercity, robot gangs.

Third choice would be, as you suggest, female body parts in metal that are compatible with the plastic street gang sets. The reason this is last is because they would sell less of these because it would require buying the street gang set in order to make anything. I'll take it if it's offered, but I'd prefer them to make lots of money from this so they continue to release products for the line.

Arabin

It's a toss up for me. Individual sculpts like the Apes and Undercity look excellent, and so would female gangers... but then you have the problem that sculpts like that are harder to convert, otherwise you can't do dupes. That's why I love the plastic multipart gangers, since you can do so much with them.

I know plastic costs a lot (like $250,000 just for the M1A4 and Arachnid Warrior molds), so I know Mongoose would have a hard time justifying female plastic multipart gangers.

So first and foremost I'd love plastic multipart female gangers, they're probably out of the question. So how about a female ganger kit that has the plastic multipart male gangers and a blister of the conversion pieces? Just new torsos, heads, some different legs (with fashionable kneepads), etc?

That would work for me. I know the initial cost is high, but I sure that these would sell by the bucket load if done right, and there is far less of a risk that some of the others products that have been released (multiple line here not just GOMC1).

Looking at the poll again, we have 17 votes now. If you count each "I'd buy more than 1" as two sets, as well as the vote for a friends also getting one, then we have 23 definites, 2 maybes, and a single no. Now, multiply that by 10 to conservatively represent some of those that do not frequent the forums, and you get 230 yes, 20 maybe. Now, if you were to charge $15 for the set, straight away you just made $3450.

If the mold is truly $250,000 then we need a lot more votes, but considering it's only been up for a short time, that's not a bad amount for the day of release.

Arabin

I'm partial to metal because I'm lazy with spruing and gluing! :)

But plastic would be the best for all the interchangebilty reasons!

- Stratos

Arabin, you and I see eye to eye on most things but I confess I would much rather Mongoose brought out more Judges first. I would probably buy a couple of blisters of girl gangers but not a whole box. You can get girl gang types from numerous sources but Judges are unique to the licence.Imagine the response if there was a poll re:plastic multi-part Judges or a boxed set of Sovs.

However, you do have a point regarding the encouragment of female gamers.And I can't fault your persistence. :)

I'm wondering how responsive Mongoose is to fan-projects... bear with me here. I've got an idea.

For instance, if we all banded together and created a supplement for Gangs of Mega City One for the Apocalypse War, would Mongoose hire a sculptor to do miniatures?

I imagine a box set with Judges, CitiDef, Sov Judges.

The rules would be pretty keen, too. Use standard GoMC-1 rules, but instead of gaining gang territory, it's territory you're conquering / liberating. Between each game there's like 30 minutes of game-time before the next skirmish, so very little resting/healing time between games. Instead of getting money, you get resource - so you can rally more Judges and Citidef to your embattled group (or call for Sov backup). Weapons can run out of ammo and break, so that battle for Zip Calloway Block's CitiDef armory is all the more important!

Maybe if we can get the rules done as a fan-project, Mongoose would publish them (a la Death on the Streets) and do some minis to support it! I know I'd love to help!

Tell you what, guys - we'll see how the current crop of GMC releases do. If they do well, I'll personally commission a girl gang :)

Craig Rowlings said:
Arabin, you and I see eye to eye on most things but I confess I would much rather Mongoose brought out more Judges first. I would probably buy a couple of blisters of girl gangers but not a whole box. You can get girl gang types from numerous sources but Judges are unique to the licence.Imagine the response if there was a poll re:plastic multi-part Judges or a boxed set of Sovs.

However, you do have a point regarding the encouragment of female gamers.And I can't fault your persistence. :)

Craig... it's GANGS of Mega-City One and not JUDGES of... :)

I understand the lure of having more guys in blue/black spandex with huge golden yellow eagles on their shoulders and helmets that make Imperial Stormtroopers look like marksmen... but come on... it is a gang game and the Judges are only a small part of that game scenerio.

Personally I'd love a fattie chick and a female Top Dog (Bee-atch?)

- Stratos

btw: I'm just giving you a hard time here... of course more Judges are welcome... but it is GANGS of MC1!

msprange said:
Tell you what, guys - we'll see how the current crop of GMC releases do. If they do well, I'll personally commission a girl gang :)

Excellent. Thanks Matthew. I'll put twice as much effort into demoing now and hope my efforts are reflected in the sales :)

Mongoose Stratos said:
Personally I'd love a fattie chick and a female Top Dog (Bee-atch?)

- Stratos

btw: I'm just giving you a hard time here... of course more Judges are welcome... but it is GANGS of MC1!

I couldn't agree more about the female fattie and female top dog.

While the game doesn't support judges as well as gangers on the whole, I agree with Craig about multi part plastic judges. That would be an amazing set. I know a lot of non-gamers would love to buy those, but I don't know if the game supports them enough to warrant it.

Granted, the recent scenarios like the Bank Raid (S&P 23) give new opportunities to use them... so maybe it'll work.

Arabin

Mongoose Stratos said:
Craig... it's GANGS of Mega-City One and not JUDGES of... :)

I understand the lure of having more guys in blue/black spandex with huge golden yellow eagles on their shoulders and helmets that make Imperial Stormtroopers look like marksmen... but come on... it is a gang game and the Judges are only a small part of that game scenerio.

Yeah but no, but yeah but............I like spandex!
Anyway I voted for buying a girl gang box after all.

Now about this Apocolypse war idea! Judge vs Judge! It would be a Spandex-Fest!!!!!!!!!

judgedoug said:
I'm wondering how responsive Mongoose is to fan-projects... bear with me here. I've got an idea.

For instance, if we all banded together and created a supplement for Gangs of Mega City One for the Apocalypse War, would Mongoose hire a sculptor to do miniatures?

I imagine a box set with Judges, CitiDef, Sov Judges.

The rules would be pretty keen, too. Use standard GoMC-1 rules, but instead of gaining gang territory, it's territory you're conquering / liberating. Between each game there's like 30 minutes of game-time before the next skirmish, so very little resting/healing time between games. Instead of getting money, you get resource - so you can rally more Judges and Citidef to your embattled group (or call for Sov backup). Weapons can run out of ammo and break, so that battle for Zip Calloway Block's CitiDef armory is all the more important!

Maybe if we can get the rules done as a fan-project, Mongoose would publish them (a la Death on the Streets) and do some minis to support it! I know I'd love to help!

Not a bad idea, but it would get confusing with multiple authors. If one person were to write it and submit it, I'm sure that at the very least Mongoose would consider it as a PDF release on their Wargaming website... but it might also appear in S&P. I would love to think that Mongoose might product minis for it, but first things first... lets all buy the new releases and encourage others to do the same, then look forward to the female gang. Once we have that, we can rally for the next release :)

Arabin

in a way you could use it for a battle of the sexes

also you never now the girl team might atually turn out to be quite good

andi would buy them if i had the money :lol:

but as i new meber i don't entirly now the rules on this game someone mind explaining it briefly again plz :D

only one i think that is good but i can't say honestly yet having not tryed other sets is the mega city one ones as i am kinda a 2000 ad fan

Back