Farscape

zalen

Mongoose
Title pretty much says it all. Alderac Entertainment Group did it in their own rather broken version of the d20 system way back in 2002/03, with plans for 4 sourcebooks. But they just ....stopped...well...everything, they went bust didn't they.
Now that the Farscape series is at an end, it would be a great aquisition for mongoose publishing because they might actually get a free reign to extend the farscape universe beyond what the series showed us.

God I hated Farscape. Except that woman in the leather catsuit she was hot. The rest of it was complete tosh.

Farscape was fantastic, it rates as one of the most insane sci-fi shows ever aired. Come on how many shows do you know have an animated episode in the time honoured tradition of warner bros?

It would be an interesting setting to play in, I agree, and it is re airing on FX on weekdays.

Can't see too many books being released if it were produced though.

Farscape was easily one of the best and most original SF shows ever.

It'd be great to see a game version of Farscape that covered all seasons and The Peacekeeper Wars. There would be plenty of potential for new material, but that would depend on writing capacity - for which there is already quite a bit of competition.

I wonder how much the Farscape RPG license is going for?

The fdefinitive editions with all the extras really nark off people like me who bought them all religiously on first release.

LBH

lol theres only 2 discs of new extras though the rest are the same stuff the original boxsets had years ago(also the episodes in the first couple of seasons are abit out of whack so you end up switching discs alot more).

broken serenity said:
lol theres only 2 discs of new extras though the rest are the same stuff the original boxsets had years ago(also the episodes in the first couple of seasons are abit out of whack so you end up switching discs alot more).

I'm sure there are some extra commentaries as well on a few of the discs.

LBH

The King said:
I'd be in for Farscape but with Runequest rules if possible

Why RQ? Farscape has got "MgT Traveller supplement" written all over it!

Agree with you that would be better to see a new series than a release of the old ones, but don't think that's likely.

Egil

Egil Skallagrimsson said:
Agree with you that would be better to see a new series than a release of the old ones, but don't think that's likely.

Egil
May be a spin-off. Who knows?

Nice to see other people like the idea of a Farscape Rpg again. When i started this thread i sent an e-mail to the henson puppet people asking about the rpg license, ......whadda ya know no reply, OH well....!

I don't think an RPG licence would bring them that much money (see the decipher case with the Lord of the Rings). I guess they would answer if there were contacted by an RPG company with a project.

Back