Fantasy Grounds for MG2E Traveller

adzling

Banded Mongoose
Our group has been using FGU and Zoom since the inception of this pandemic and it is so good that when we go back to in-person play we will continue to use it as our tabletop VTT.

It beats the pants off of all the other options out there right now.

The image in this post shows the spacecraft combat tracker and the party spacecraft ledger.

You can have as many ships as you like in your group and you can assign PCs to a crew position on each ship. Once assigned they can perform gunnery actions with a single click...

The FGU developer Colin/ MBM has done a really impressive job so far.

Only problem is Mongoose has to figure out how to provide free PDF copies of the content purchased in FGU so we don't have to double buy....

Attachments

• fgu_lorez.jpg
    fgu_lorez.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,257
How greedy is Fantasy Grounds with screen real estate? I.e., if you are using a single monitor and have Fantasy Grounds up, can you see your fellow players' faces over Zoom at the same time?

I have the little video bar at the top so it works out but yes it's can be a juggle, especially when you add in a full tabbed browser window to run travellermap etc

Try an OLED television and divide the screen into two or three or four parts.

Since you're likely to have more than one video output port, you can always add more monitors.

You don't need an OLED, but at those price segments, it seems pointless getting something else, unless you have a very bright environment.

Multi-monitor....there is no going back to single display for me.
This.
My solution for FGU is to have 3 monitors without spanning enabled. I then just drag the left edge of the FGU window to the left so that the chat window is displayed on the left monitor. Then do the same for the right edge, just enough for the combat tracker to be displayed on the right monitor.

That leaves me plenty enough space on the center monitor for any other FGU features I need to view. While all my other necessary apps (Discord, VMPlayer, Foxit PDF, Chrome) can easily be accommodated on the remaining screen space on the left & right monitors.

Back