Errata List

This one is as good as any! We are planning a little update later this week, so this is good timing!

I guess I'll start by adding a problem reported elsewhere:

* Standard Ships do not have their Hull Points listed, and the conversion from tonnage to hull points isn't mentioned in the text

Pg 160, Point Defence (Gunner) - Last sentence:

A gunner may only attempt Point Defence against <<missing word(s) here>> once every round.

Pg 164, The old ships, on the Spacecraft Quirks:

The military section, first row, Severely damage is listed with -1 Hull. I suspect this should be -10% Hull similarly to one below.

The bookmarks for the Heavy Weapons entries in the Core Catalogue take you to the sector map of the Trojan Reach

Vehicle weapons - page 136 - the weapons seem to be rather underpowered. The vehicle mounted fusion gun does the same damage as it's hand carried counterpart - not exactly the "most powerful ground based weapons ever made ", whilst the HMG and Laser Cannon do the same damage as a Gauss Rifle and Laser Carbine. I can maybe accept that for the HMG, but a laser cannon should be a bit more pokey than a laser rifle. The Light autocannon is listed as doing 1D - which is the same as a punch!

There is also a bookmark for "Weapon Damage Scales" between Fire ARcs and Damaging Vehicles, but no corresponding passage.

Also the background silhouettes for the starship deckplans seem to have been vertically flipped. The distant portions are larger than the close portions when it should be visa versa (look at the far wing on the Safari ship and the Patrol Corvette). It's resulted in something really odd going on with the scout/courier - everything seems to be shoved over to the port side. Seriously, look at the engine placement.

G.

Mining Drones, pg 149

Mining Drones
Mining drones allow a ship to mine asteroids without manoeuvring perilously close to spinning hunks of rock. Each set of mining drones allows the ship to process 1D x 10 tons of asteroid per day (typically producing common ore). The presence of drones includes ore handling machinery, allowing the ship to take on ore and transfer it to the cargo bay.

MGT v1 says a "set" of mining drones takes up 10 tons. But no individual tonnage for a single mining drone. The Seeker ship data sheet for v2 says it has "Mining Drones x 5".

For the CRB:
1) How much does a set of replacement mining drones cost? Since they are listed in the CRB, the costs should be listed as well for someone who needs to replace or buy more. If you define how MANY there are per SET, and provide a cost, then you can at least extrapolate how much an INDIVIDUAL REPLACEMENT drone will cost.
2) How many mining drones are in a set?
3) Seeker deckplans indicate a "probe drone" storage area (description #9), but that should read "Mining Drones". It does have 5 objects in the hold area, so one can infer each one is a mining drone.

Hi,

I've noticed a few errors in the 'Creating a Traveller' diagram on page 10 of the core rulebook.

At the bottom of the page there is a spelling error "Seeh adventure among the stars"

In the same diagram, Background skills is indicated to be on P9. They are actually on p8.

Roll for draft or choose the drifter career. P18. The Drifters and draft section actually starts on p17, though the draft table is p18.

Roll for Advancement. P17. The advancement section starts on p16, though the majority of text is on p17.

Army, Navy. or Marines for commission... P17. The section on commission is actually p16.

Sunscale

Hi,

There is a small typo on page 57, in the first line of the example....

Erik (DE 6, Stealth 2)

Should be Erik (DEX 6, Stealth 2)

Sunscale

Hi again, There appears to be missing text on page 64. Engineer skill, M-Drive the first task description "Overcharging a thruster plate to increase a ships"... The rest of the text is missing or its mangled with the next task description.

Not a big problem,

Sunscale

Another small formatting error.

Page 69, seafarer skill, Personal speciality should be listed with a bullet point.

Sunscale

I found a couple issues with the Skill chapter (it's where my reading is at right now :D )
Page 64, 2nd column, under Engineer/M-drive: "Overcharging a Thruster Plate to Increase a Ship’s [line break] Estimating a Ship’s Tonnage From its Observed" - there's at least one line of text missing between these two lines.
Page 69, 1st column, under Seafarer/Specialties: "sea-going vessels. Personal: Used" - Should have a line break and bullet before Personal.
If I find more, I'll post 'em - and if I posted this to the wrong thread, please point me in the direction of the correct one :p

Page 146 - the encounter table should have bold entries to indicate which encounter can't be avoided. Currently the whole table has no bold.

I found some errors too.

P56 >For Engineer, this is a choice between jump drive, manoeuvre drive, power plant and electronics.
But now Engineer skill have j-drive, m-drive, power, and life support specialties.

P62 >Writing the New Edition of Traveller: Formidable (14+) Art (write) check (1D months, INT).
But there is not "1D months" on Timeframes Table(P60). If this text was joke, I think it's better to list "1D6 month"(and 1D6 weeks so on) .

And at some point, written "Computer skill". I think it should be written "Electronics(computer)".

yukikaze said:
I found some errors too.

P56 >For Engineer, this is a choice between jump drive, manoeuvre drive, power plant and electronics.
But now Engineer skill have j-drive, m-drive, power, and life support specialties.
Engineer and Electronics are two different skills.

yukikaze said:
P62 >Writing the New Edition of Traveller: Formidable (14+) Art (write) check (1D months, INT).
But there is not "1D months" on Timeframes Table(P60). If this text was joke, I think it's better to list "1D6 month"(and 1D6 weeks so on) .
"6" in "1D6" is always assumed now. So just saying "1D" or "2D" is all that's needed. The "6" is dropped. It does take 1D months to write an RPG book though.

yukikaze said:
And at some point, written "Computer skill". I think it should be written "Electronics(computer)".
Where does it say Computer skill still? I thought we replaced all of those.

ShawnDriscoll said:
Where does it say Computer skill still? I thought we replaced all of those.
The only place I could find in the latest retail PDF was on p68, last paragraph of the Profession skill:

Also note that on some worlds other skills, such as Animals or Computer, may be used to earn a living in the same manner as Profession skills.

ShawnDriscoll said:
I'm still waiting to buy the hard cover.
I'm also eagerly awaiting the hard cover. The PDF is handy for my train trip to work and serves as a good reference at the game table, but doesn't come close to replacing the hard cover when it comes to lazing on the couch. There's something about holding it physically and being able to flip pages easily.

page 117 - The Club melee weapon is listed as costing 1000 Cr in the description art. In the table listing the other weapons it's ok (e.g. no cost).

Back