Elric questions

SJE

Mongoose
Hi,

Few questions about Elric 2nd Ed which I wanted to ask:

A- Is Cities of the North published? I can only see the South in the store.
B- Are books still being published for Elric or has it lost the license like Glorantha?
C- Are there any Excel Char generators for Elric or sample PC's anywhere?
D- I'm thinking of running a 3 week game of Elric MRQII. Heres the premise-

A band of motley humans and halfcaste Melniboneans are hired by a merchant in the Purple Towns to sail to Imryrr, sneak in to the Dragon caves and steal the memories of a sleeping elder dragon (perhaps through a Dreamthief- not sure) who witnessed how the Doomed Folk forged the Runeblades. Then that knowledge can be used to destroy the weapons before they bring about the end of the world. The reveal (by some enemy of Chaos) is that the merchant is a Pan Tangian sorceror who wants to know how to forge runeswords, so he can equip Pan Tang with more of them. Can anyone suggest a natural enemy for Pan Tang? And how might a memory be stolen? if you were doing it via Dreamtheft, which dream realm would that be? Is there a memorytheft alternate?

Thx.

SJE

SJE said:
Hi,
Few questions about Elric 2nd Ed which I wanted to ask:
A- Is Cities of the North published? I can only see the South in the store.

There's no Cities of the North published yet for Elric MRQ2.

B- Are books still being published for Elric or has it lost the license like Glorantha?

I think I asked this question a couple of months back, I was told they still have the license and intend to publish stuff at some stage, but don't know when.

C- Are there any Excel Char generators for Elric or sample PC's anywhere?

Not exactly, I'm working on one based on the MRQ2 character generator (look in the MRQ2 wiki) , but it's not done yet as I keep gettng distracted with other projects.

SJE said:
Hi,
A band of motley humans and halfcaste Melniboneans are hired by a merchant in the Purple Towns to sail to Imryrr, sneak in to the Dragon caves and steal the memories of a sleeping elder dragon

Is this before or after the fall of Imryrr?
Could be very tricky if Imryrr still stands, but good fun to run I bet heh.

(perhaps through a Dreamthief- not sure) who witnessed how the Doomed Folk forged the Runeblades. Then that knowledge can be used to destroy the weapons before they bring about the end of the world. The reveal (by some enemy of Chaos) is that the merchant is a Pan Tangian sorceror who wants to know how to forge runeswords, so he can equip Pan Tang with more of them. Can anyone suggest a natural enemy for Pan Tang?
Maybe Myshella (Lawful) is working behind the scenes to snsure the PAntangian sorceror can't complete his task.
Or maybe even Sepiriz (an Agent of teh balance) sees this as a serious inbalance in the favor of chaos and would want to put a stop to this to put the balance right. Depends if he's awake yet I suppose.

And how might a memory be stolen? if you were doing it via Dreamtheft, which dream realm would that be? Is there a memorytheft alternate?

You could also have some sort of artifact like the "Mirror of memory" but smaller and only hits one target, might be quite dangerous to use tho if a character "Accidentally" looks at it. lol.

If I were to go down the dreamtheft route, I would place it in the 7th dream realm. That's pretty intense knmowledge and ought to be very dangerous to obtain.

More news later, but we are in the midst of commissioning two new Elric books which will hopefully appear within a very short number of months after the release of Legend.

msprange said:
More news later, but we are in the midst of commissioning two new Elric books which will hopefully appear within a very short number of months after the release of Legend.

Sounds good! Will Lankhmar get any love down the track?

msprange said:

Ooh nice.. I want.
I'll buy pretty much any Elric product.. :)

msprange said:
Prime_Evil said:
Sounds good! Will Lankhmar get any love down the track?

Unlikely, I am afraid.

That's a pity. But at least we've got a decent couple of products already. It would be nice if you guys could re-brand the existing PDFs for the Legend product line, but I understand if that's not possible.

Will we ever see any new Eternal Champion games (such as Corum or Erekose)?

And when will the existing Elric PDF products be pulled from sale? There are a feww gaps in my collection that I still need to fill :)

danskmacabre said:
That would be awesome. Corum, Erekose, Hawkmoon all under the same system, yeah :)

Mongoose released some Hawkmoon sourcebooks for their original iteration of RuneQuest, but they haven't been updated to RQ II / Legend yet.

Darcsyde Productions published a Corum RPG using the old Chaosium Stormbringer rules back in 2001, but it's been out of print for ages. So far as I know, nobody has tackled Erekose yet.

Personally, I'm waiting for a Jerry Cornelius RPG that uses the RQ II rules...lol

Prime_Evil said:
danskmacabre said:
That would be awesome. Corum, Erekose, Hawkmoon all under the same system, yeah :)

Mongoose released some Hawkmoon sourcebooks for their original iteration of RuneQuest, but they haven't been updated to RQ II / Legend yet.

I can't be bothered buying an earlier version. if it gets updated to Legend I'll buy it.

Darcsyde Productions published a Corum RPG using the old Chaosium Stormbringer rules back in 2001, but it's been out of print for ages. So far as I know, nobody has tackled Erekose yet.

I had a look at that, but don't want to adapt a different system.

Personally, I'm waiting for a Jerry Cornelius RPG that uses the RQ II rules...lol

That would be tricky to make. I've read a few of the jerry Cornelius books, they're like completely separate self contained novels. very Psychedelic...

Is anyone aware of any electronic aids for Elric II for creating characters? I need to create some pre-gens for the party, and short of working through with Pen and Paper (and my handwriting is terrible) is there anything out there that can help produce a nice looking filled character sheet?

At this point I'd even take a form fillable (but saveable) PDF char sheet for RQII rather than Elric specifically.

Thx.

Steve

Hi there!

I've always loved the Elric/Stormbringer RPG in all the incarnations! I have many early editions of the Chaosium rulesets (including that elusive Corum book from DCS). I ONLY just discovered that Mongoose had a new RPG out for years!! (silly me)

Just picked up the Elric core book (RQII set). Very nice! Will be picking up the Kingdoms of the South and the Cults books very shortly

My question though is in regards to the two earlier books: "Magic" and "Dream Realms" in the Mongoose sale section...is it worth picking them up, or are their rules in the new updated Core Book (RQII set)? Approximately how many pages are each of those sourcebooks?

I haven't been able to find anything online anywere (reviews, discussion, etc).

Thanks!
Perry

Perry,
It's definitely worth picking up both of those books. There's a load of stuff in both that hasn't made it to 2Ed.
In 'magic', there's a large section on enchantments and grimoires with a plethora of examples. They are completely original and not rehashes of the stuff from the old Chaosium 'bronze grimoire'.
There's also an easily convertible chapter on necromancy in the YK. You really can't afford to pass up on 'magic'(IMO).
There's a good sized chapter on demon's with loads of samples and a chapter detailing the 'elemental paths'. The latter is particularly interesting.
Dream realms has an adventure and it's a good one.there's a chapter on dream couches and the thousand year dream and IMO it's worth the admission fee to get stats for Johanne Klosterheim. Loads of new critters and npc's.
Hope this helps. :)

I'd recommend them. Extra creatures from the saga in Magic and some extra detail, rules on summoning. Plus the Dream Realm book has a piece on Tanelorn, which I think was penned by Loz.

Thanks for the helpful info! That was exactly what I was looking for!

It's always hard to know whether or not to pick stuff up from earlier editions. That being said...I do have pretty well all of the Chaosium stuff from 3rd edition on...heh. :D

Now I'm looking at some of the other books from the 1Ed Mongoose Elric stuff on ebay...like the Companion book and the Melnibonean book - damn my colllector's hide! :wink:

Back