EFTF German Leopard 2 140mm MBT Pics

Modern day tests run on blackpowder cannon/culverin revealed that there is such a thing as too long a barrel. Past a certain length the expanding volume behind the projectile will actually drop below atmospheric pressure, so outside air-pressure will start pushing against the projectile's velocity. Same should apply to modern guns (maybe even moreso, blackpowder weapons have notoriously loose rounds.)

That said, I have no idea how shell diameter optimally relates to barrel length, and I have no clue about the real proportions of the 140mm compared to the model.

To anyone interested in the above test, it's in John Guilmartin's fascinating and highly readable "Gunpowder and Galleys." IIRC it's in one of the appendices, I'm not at home to double-check.

well, with all the complaints on how big the Leo's gun is.

have a look at this:

leovschallycopypu4.jpg

could it be that *gasp* MGP might of got it right :p

The Old Soldier said:
There is no way I'll buy three fAVs for the 90 dollars nor for 60 dollars. Two FAVs for 30 dollars would be the max, I'll pay. Or one Warrior for 20 bucks.

You guys made of money or something?

I think most of the above poasters were ageeing with your point there :D. And having just bought my second Warrior I'd have much rathered pay €21 for it and not had the three useless minis.

Lorcan Nagle said:
The Old Soldier said:
There is no way I'll buy three fAVs for the 90 dollars nor for 60 dollars. Two FAVs for 30 dollars would be the max, I'll pay. Or one Warrior for 20 bucks.

You guys made of money or something?

I think most of the above poasters were ageeing with your point there :D. And having just bought my second Warrior I'd have much rathered pay €21 for it and not had the three useless minis.

Banging more nails into the coffin..... 8)

MGP should release boxes of both FAVs and Warriors without command squads. Bring out a single Warrior or FAV for £15 and they would sell like hot cakes....

If its £20 for a Fav and command squad, then I would say a FAV by itself at £15 is about right.... Yes the PLA command squads are 4 men against 3 for the EFTF, but I don't see them dropping the FAV to £12.50 as it would mean creating a new price point.

Mr Evil said:
personaly the fav and coomand should be £15 price tag and then do 3 favs for £20

Personally I think the warrior should come with both a command squad and a unit of infantry for £20....

The reality is that 1 FAV and a command squad costs £20 according to the website.

cordas said:
Personally I think the warrior should come with both a command squad and a unit of infantry for £20....

So given that a squad of infantry sells for £20 just now, how much would you price them at?

LBH

Mr Evil said:
personaly the fav and coomand should be £15 price tag and then do 3 favs for £20

At which point I can forsee lack of FAV+command sells with instead reqular trooppers counting as command squad...

well £15 is more reasonable for the comand plus fav than £20 compared to the warrior and command in my view ! thats my points.

Maybe it could be handled the same as the wave 1 infantry on the website, it that you could order individual parts from a box set. That would go some way to solving it.

well its cost me £60 to field 3 FAV's wich is a bit crap realy, not such a bad feeling for the warrior but for the icle FAV the price just doesnt seem very fair. £15 would of meant it would have cost me £45 still over priced but easier to stomach. FAV is a very important part of the PLA force its their special forces unit in some respcts the way it can operte on the table.

I just find it almost GW annoying that we are expected to pay extra money to buy a model we need (armoured companies must have all size 1 models in transports) because it only comes packaged with models that you are very limited in regards to the numbers you can field.

In a full EFTF armoured company you could need 7 Warriors.... and only get to field 1 command squad (and even that isn't needed if 1 of your Warriors is upgraded to be the command variant). 7 Warriors comes from 1 each for 2 infantry squads a 3rd for the command and you can then have upto 4 support squads each needing their own transport.....

A full EFTF Infantry company can field 9... 4 inf transports, 1 command transport and again 4 support squads.

As for how many FAVs the PLA can field..... I have no idea but I wouldn't be supprise if it isn't more...

It's 2 or 3 FAVs per support choice.

I don't mind the idea of packaging a command squad with another unit - especially one as useful as the FAV or the Warrior, but the option should be there to get them without the superflous minis as well. I don't even mind buying the warrior by itself at the £15/€21/$25 price point, but I do think the FAV should be 2 or 3 to a box.

Back