EFTF German Leopard 2 140mm MBT Pics

Biggest thing I noticed about the Leopard is the paint is wrong.

The green isn't dark enough and there is not enough black by percentage on the hull.

Change that and add more detail and it will probably rock.

-V

emperorpenguin said:
Hiromoon said:
He's also on dialysis....

and still can't be caught..... :shock:

Tell me about it.... I don't understand it at all, we go into Afghanistan, and then we go into Iraq without finishing the first job. We must seem like we all have ADD or something...

Hiromoon said:
Tell me about it.... I don't understand it at all, we go into Afghanistan, and then we go into Iraq without finishing the first job. We must seem like we all have ADD or something...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hiromoon said:
Ah well, hopefulyl when we get out of this one we can go back to proxy wars...

As long as the shaved monkey and his pupet masters are away from the chains of power we should be safe....

cordas said:
I like the Leopard, but I know what you mean... the model just seems to be lacking a bit.... Not enough detail possibly.

Remember, this is just a prototype - we have already added a few bits and pieces, included an automated MG!

The Old Soldier said:
German Tank's barrel is TOO short. Bet MP shorten it to fit in the box.

You would lose that bet.

Remember, this is _not_ the gun currently in use. . .

msprange said:
Remember, this is _not_ the gun currently in use. . .

But why would they SHORTEN it? Unless they have figured out something new this will just result in lessened muzzle velocity and with that accuracy(well maybe not issue today) and penetration? Or am I missing something?

Guess if you want to turn Leopard into good infantry blaster in style of Brumbar from WW2 this could work but as tank hunter isn't shortening barrel reducing efficiency?

Albeit I'm not pro-scientist so maybe some new fancy armour piercing round benefit from shorter barrel.

tneva82 said:
But why would they SHORTEN it?

Tempted to say so they can go between trees. . .

tneva82 said:
Albeit I'm not pro-scientist so maybe some new fancy armour piercing round benefit from shorter barrel.

So a tank gun twice the length of what you see at the moment would be the best in the world?

Doesn't work like that :)

We have actually lengthened the barrel a little from our source material, because it looked so short. It will also look a little shorter than other tank guns because it is (much) fatter. . .

Leopard - The overall panelling isn't half bad. It matches pics of the real units fairly well.

Revered Leader - I was expecting an Osama bin Laden style. This is more of an Iranian Mullah on a photo op trip. Not my preferred style, but no real complaints either way.

MEA Snipers - Excellent job, though they should still be in prone, sitting or kneeling in a true shooting position.

USMC Stingers - Major thumbs down on the 4 sets of duplicates. hmm... source of the poses?
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/9/9b/230px-Stinger_missile_shoulder_launch.jpg

PLA Snipers - Camo is "interesting". Hey Shad.... Check the PLA looks like more big gun minis with superbly stable arms. They seem to have insanely good aim too because they don't need those high powered scopes either.... At least they have spotters with them.

cordas said:
As for the stinger teams, I just wish they where kneeling rather than standing upright with them.
Due to the length of the weapon and the backblast its fired upright not kneeling.

msprange said:
cordas said:
I like the Leopard, but I know what you mean... the model just seems to be lacking a bit.... Not enough detail possibly.

Remember, this is just a prototype - we have already added a few bits and pieces, included an automated MG!
Does that include the smoke launchers?

its 4 teams in the box guys.

ie you will have them spread around the able to deny airpower several lins of attack, well thats how i see it.

cordas said:
When will you be getting the next protoype to look at?

People want more new stuff already? :)

It will be a while yet, as design work has barely begun on wave 6.

msprange said:
cordas said:
When will you be getting the next protoype to look at?

People want more new stuff already? :)

It will be a while yet, as design work has barely begun on wave 6.

You know us, always hungry for more stuff.... more ways for us to empty our pockets to you....

Back