EA Campaign Fleet - Opinions

Tank

Mongoose
As I am about to participate in a campaign, I thought I would ask for your views on my probable fleet selection. As an EA player I have decided to go with Early Era (Primarily because I have 8 Sags and wish to use most of them :lol: ), so as follows:

1 x Orestes
4 x Nova
2 x Hyperion
6 x Sagitarrius
6 x Artemis (My favourite ship)
1 x Avenger
2 x Oracle
1 x Olympus Gunship (never used one yet)
2 x Olympus Corvette

Now my math tells me thats 10 Battle points all told.

I look forward to any feedback.

sounds a fairly rounded fleet, I'm not ea it has to be said, but you seem to cover most angles.

However, my main opinion is that you should buy some new dice

Apparantly I shall be receiving 1000 dice at xmas, but undoubtedly I will have bought more dice before then :lol: just to replace those gone missing in action if nothing else :lol:

well i take it your campaign is being set in the early era then? or did they ju8st give you freedo to choose whichever era you wanted?

their is no tourney list anymore, and I would imagine they are using Armageddon rather than SFOS.

If you use ther Artemis I would buy Olympuses.
You have enough Sags so that you don´t need the Missiles of the Olympus.

And I think you should buy some Patrol choices for the battles at Patrol level.
Fighters or Thetys are good. Espacially the Laser-Thetys will be a nasty suprise (if the Laser-Thetys is a Early Age Ship).

hiffano said:
their is no tourney list anymore, and I would imagine they are using Armageddon rather than SFOS.

Nope. He says above they aren't bound by timeline. That would suggest they are not using the armageddon lists.

FMB

@Firemonkeyboy

We're using Armaggedon

@Goldritter

The olympus is there to fufill a slightly different role as its got good all round firepower and the Artemis has mainly fore & Aft punch.
Good point about patrol level tho, Im just not too sure of the Thetys, I have six but...... may have to swap something out for a couple

Fireymonkeyboy said:
hiffano said:

Nope. He says above they aren't bound by timeline. That would suggest they are not using the armageddon lists.

FMB
Uh, what? We are using the Armageddon stats, yes. No ISD's. EA players must choose from Early, 3rd Age or Crusade since these are now totally separate fleets.

We're not playing to a specific timeline but EA fleets are bound by the 3 separate fleet lists as per the Armageddon rules.

Hi,

Ahhh. So, no worries about anachronistic matchups, and you treat the three EA lists as separate forces, rather than three time-limited examples of the same force?

Is this likely to be the standard approach for post-Armageddon tournies?

FMB

Don't no about tourneys but in our campaign, I'm allowed to choose, buy ships from all three eras. I'm fighting for my right to exist here! Surely in a campaign a race will field any ship they can find that can fight. Note only the EA is now limited to era fleets. Don't like it, never will!

control freak said:
Don't no about tourneys but in our campaign, I'm allowed to choose, buy ships from all three eras. I'm fighting for my right to exist here! Surely in a campaign a race will field any ship they can find that can fight. Note only the EA is now limited to era fleets. Don't like it, never will!
The Third Age fleet is basically what you see on screen in the show and has more than enough variety for (almost) any player. Each fleet works well on its own and is designed as such.

Back