[DW] Prince of Darkness?

hal said:
Still no PoD on the release schedule and we are in May. I assume June is out of the question. I wonder when we will see things.

As with all Magnum Opus products, you will see things when they are ready to be released. I have never rushed a book's editing or production to meet a print deadline and I don't intend to start now.

Magnum Opus Press said:
As with all Magnum Opus products, you will see things when they are ready to be released. I have never rushed a book's editing or production to meet a print deadline and I don't intend to start now.

I have no issue with that at all :).

However, fans will be wondering where the book is and with no official word, I was trying to be helpful for them by noting that on the best "non-official" information this book is looking likely to be an August release.

Ok so, what do we know so far?

The Power of Darkness contains:-

- info on Reavers.
- background and hints on Balor and other Formorians.
- Expanded city info.
- An indepth analysis on the population dynamics of Expatriate Haemovoric Khitains and their ownership of Celtic drinking establishments.
- Falconry rules: for those players who want their own Hawk of Balor......summary- you hold out your arm, it gently alights and bears you to the ground under its great weight, it then eats your liver.
- Five easy ways to tell if your liege is an undead puppet.
- Ice-skating rules for those who want to go one on one with the Sufiriad Blades of Glory style.
- 'Oh, god. Oh, god. It's eating my brain.' - the fun for the whole family game for when an ancient demonic avatar drops around un-announced.

Some of the above, particularly the later ones, may not be true. ;)
-

bulya said:

- info on Reavers.
- Expanded city info.
- An indepth analysis on the population dynamics of Expatriate Haemovoric Khitains and their ownership of Celtic drinking establishments.
- Falconry rules: for those players who want their own Hawk of Balor......summary- you hold out your arm, it gently alights and bears you to the ground under its great weight, it then eats your liver.
- Ice-skating rules for those who want to go one on one with the Sufiriad Blades of Glory style.
- 'Oh, god. Oh, god. It's eating my brain.' - the fun for the whole family game for when an ancient demonic avatar drops around un-announced.

-

The ice-skating rules are being held until the Kingdom of Wyrd supplement.

bulya said:

It will have a better cover than the original Book 5 :)

Oh, and its not listed for a release date, so seeing it before October is unlikely :(

hal said:
It will have a better cover than the original Book 5 :)

I loved the cover of Book 5 - first DW book I saw, I think. My local library had a copy.

Only copy I saw for about three years - I managed to get the other five books easily, book 5 just didn't seem to be available anywhere here. I wonder if the title and cover made it controversial - this was still the era of 'Roleplaying Is Evil, Protect the Children'.

Magnum Opus Press said:
bulya said:

- info on Reavers.
- Expanded city info.

-

The ice-skating rules are being held until the Kingdom of Wyrd supplement.

Makes sense especially with the Eislaken being a big fan of Brian Boitano.

hal said:
However, fans will be wondering where the book is and with no official word, I was trying to be helpful for them by noting that on the best "non-official" information this book is looking likely to be an August release.

I eat my pessimistic words. Its looks likely that it will be at least an October or November release :)

hal said:
hal said:

I eat my pessimistic words. Its looks likely that it will be at least an October or November release :)

I believe it's now been announced as a November release. I'm not sure why it needs a five-month lead-time (when I got into the industry in 1994 distributors asked for two months notice of releases), but it did take a while to nail down a final page-count for the book, and that sets the price and the quantity-per-carton and all kinds of stuff like that.

Anyway, barring a couple of pieces of art Prince of Darkness is basically ready now, so don't be surprised if you find preview copies appearing on the Mongoose tables at various shows and cons.

We're hard at work on Friends or Foes right now, and hoping to fire it out in December.

Woot!

I am happy to wait as long as it arrives. Good to see another DW book on the menu too.

As for lead times, Mongoose has much longer lead times than most, though they have increased industry wide over the last few years. IIRC Wildfire (of Cthulhutech) mentioned that they a couple of months of their leads times when they moved to Catalyst.

Back