Dusting Off Old Stuff And Running Them Through TAS

I've got some items I'd like to run through TAS. Most of them are retoolings of some pretty old stuff that I'd released for Signs & Portents, bringing them up to date with what Mongoose has released in the last few years.

One of them is a retelling of "The Thing In The Pit." Another one is an adventure that was never released for Signs & Portents because it got bumped for another article in S&P 93. One article never made it because it was cut out of a book which I sent out just one month before the Great 2e Playtest came up - making many of the rules in my book kind of obsolete. The book's still in their queue, but the bit I cut out of it is still sitting here, and with a little retooling for 2e I can release that through TAS, like all the rest.

And then there is the whole S.O.s thing, which I can bundle with "Old Flames" and something else I left out of Cosmopolite.

Anyone interested?

Sure, I mean I love the idea of babysitting while my SO goes out to catch the latest Tri-d with thir friends. If you can't see that brimming over with adventure possibilities, you really should reconsider gaming ;-)

mancerbear said:
Sure, I mean I love the idea of babysitting while my SO goes out to catch the latest Tri-d with thir friends. If you can't see that brimming over with adventure possibilities, you really should reconsider gaming ;-)
What if your character learned that hitmen had targeted one of the friends, or that maybe someone was after the character, forcing him to go on the run through Startown with a baby in tow ...

Plenty of adventure possibilities.

Heaps and heaps of possibilities. Was part of a Traveller game decades ago where my character was a married father who often babysat, especially when a few of the other players couldn't make it. I can tell you, some of the best adventures were had with two kids under 5 were in tow :)

mancerbear said:

In all honesty, some of the most fun I've had is trying to have a normal night out with the S.O in a game :D
then there was the dash across the Spinward marches to attend a kids graduation ceremony...

mancerbear said:
Heaps and heaps of possibilities. Was part of a Traveller game decades ago where my character was a married father who often babysat, especially when a few of the other players couldn't make it. I can tell you, some of the best adventures were had with two kids under 5 were in tow :)
When it comes to dealing with children, by the way, I refer you to page 98 of Cosmopolite.

I would be interested in seeing what you ended up doing with the SO & Other stuff, but I would be disappointed if it only dealt with the very narrow definition you gave on the other thread. At my table we have had several different races and genders. I would imagine the issues a Vargr has is as interesting as that the humans would have for example. So I would want the product if it tried to be more inclusive of the possibilities that could show up in a Traveller party. :D

-Daniel- said:
I would be interested in seeing what you ended up doing with the SO & Other stuff, but I would be disappointed if it only dealt with the very narrow definition you gave on the other thread. At my table we have had several different races and genders. I would imagine the issues a Vargr has is as interesting as that the humans would have for example. So I would want the product if it tried to be more inclusive of the possibilities that could show up in a Traveller party. :D
I still remember that article in JTAS about "Women In Traveller," and also remembering how long it took for female Judges to start to appear in 2000AD. Setting aside those points of discussion for some other time, on some other board than this one, I am planning on enshrining inclusivity.

I also plan on a feature which can augment character generation.

Briefly to go back to the topic of inclusivity: in my Significant Others post here on the forum, for the sake of space I never included the possibility of an "Enemy Mine" or "Alien Nation" style relationship, where two different species are thrown together and form one of those bromance-style bonds where they are invited to the top table at each other's family functions and so on.

But if I am writing a full article, rather than an adjunct to Cosmopolite, the gloves can come off, as they say.

alex_greene said:
Briefly to go back to the topic of inclusivity: in my Significant Others post here on the forum, for the sake of space I never included the possibility of an "Enemy Mine" or "Alien Nation" style relationship, where two different species are thrown together and form one of those bromance-style bonds where they are invited to the top table at each other's family functions and so on.

But if I am writing a full article, rather than an adjunct to Cosmopolite, the gloves can come off, as they say.
Well then, take the gloves off. LOL

I am interested. I always like interesting ideas and options. :mrgreen:

Back